Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Gregory resigns

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Crawley Town have parted company with manager John Gregory.

The 60-year-old, appointed in December 2013, has spent the past six months recuperating after heart surgery.

Former Wales international Dean Saunders took over on an interim basis in December but was unable to save the club from relegation to League Two.

"I would like to thank the board of directors for standing by me and supporting me during the very difficult time I endured," said Gregory."

Job for Clark?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Frees him up for a crack at the Labour job.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Always on the cards, his heart operation just prolonged his tenure. Will Saunders get the job or will they go for someone with L2 experience?

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
"Crawley Town have parted company with manager John Gregory."

Doesn't mention "resigned" at all. Further to that, Groves and three others in the back-room have gone. Sounds like Dean Saunders will be offered the job and bring his people in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does Dean Saunders want the job though? More cuts to the playing budget are inevitable, and he may feel he is capable of managing at a higher lever than League Two.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
"Crawley Town have parted company with manager John Gregory.

The 60-year-old, appointed in December 2013, has spent the past six months recuperating after heart surgery.

Former Wales international Dean Saunders took over on an interim basis in December but was unable to save the club from relegation to League Two.

"I would like to thank the board of directors for standing by me and supporting me during the very difficult time I endured," said Gregory."

Job for Clark?
60! He CAN'T be 60! Don't be silly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here