Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnston

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So what is the deal with the ancestor of an illegitimate son of the Emperor of Prussia?

Does he have to recind the role of mayor of London or is he going to try and do both that and his new job as an MP?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
So what is the deal with the ancestor of an illegitimate son of the Emperor of Prussia?

Does he have to recind the role of mayor of London or is he going to try and do both that and his new job as an MP?

Ancestor?! Blime-didn't appreciate he was that old, or are you referring to Dick Whittington?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ancestor?! Blime-didn't appreciate he was that old, or are you referring to Dick Whittington?

He he. Who do you think you are was very interesting. He always struck me as a bumbling aristocrat!

Didn't think he could do two jobs!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Psst, it's descendant, not ancestor.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's a whiff of "conflict of interest" about this. Represent the whole of London in one job, do what's best for one particular part of London in the other job.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that BJ will be very unhappy with the way the results have panned out. If, as expected, there had been a hung parliament, he would have been expected to overthrow CMD at some point in the near future. Now he will have to wait 5 years.

I assume that whilst campaigning to become an MP and campaigning in other parts of London he wasn't being paid to be Mayor of London? And will he take a part time salary if he is going to be a part time mayor?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Someone appears a little bitter :laugh:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I suspect that BJ will be very unhappy with the way the results have panned out. If, as expected, there had been a hung parliament, he would have been expected to overthrow CMD at some point in the near future. Now he will have to wait 5 years.

I assume that whilst campaigning to become an MP and campaigning in other parts of London he wasn't being paid to be Mayor of London? And will he take a part time salary if he is going to be a part time mayor?
I think he is very happy with the outcome as it now means he is being groomed as party leader over next 5 years with the view to running next election campaign

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He stated pre-election that he would continue in both roles if he was successfully elected.

He also stated on more than one occasion when questioned about his parliamentary/leadership ambitions: " There is no way I could be Mayor of London and sit in the House of Commons at the same time".

Johnson Flip Flopping or lying through his teeth? Who would have thought?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I personally don't think Johnson will ever become leader irrespective of when Cameron calls it a day.

Despite his cuddly clown persona that would make him a popular choice with many of the public, having a track record of being caught with his pants down with another woman plus his involvement in the 'Guppygate' affair where he was implicated in a conspiracy to have a journalist beaten up, will I suspect come back to haunt him should he ever stick his head above the parapet for a leadership challenge.

Rest assured, his past baggage would get rehashed.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing

In France, many of the Mayors of the big towns are also also MPs or even Ministers. Normally they leave the routine Mayoral duties to their Deputy and only get involved in big publicity items.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rest assured, his past baggage would get rehashed.

Recently I was out with someone who's best friend was at school with Boris. She painted an "interesting" character.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually I think Johnson is one of the election losers. Like all of us he wasn't expecting a Tory majority, and he thought he'd be nicely positioned to make a bid for the Tory leadership on the back of Cameron's failure. Now all he's going to be is backbench lobby fodder, at least until he quits his day job as London Mayor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here