Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cameron States many times he wants to "reward hardworking people" and how I ask?
He can't reduce energy bills
He can't reduce your council tax
He can't get you a pay rise
He can't reduce your rent or mortgage
He can't reduce your sky subscription
He can't reduce the cost of running a car

He can reduce your tax,but we all know that is a big fat NO NO:facepalm:
Just how are hardworking people goner get rewarded FFS???

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Cameron States many times he wants to "reward hardworking people" and how I ask?

No.

It's hard working FAMILIES!

Anyway, hardworking people can get rewarded by working harder. Simples!

BTW.. Cameron is a **** :)

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Do you want to live in a communist state?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He can't stop TalkTalk putting up my phone bill only 7 months after they last put it up or Sky putting their charges up after 9 months since their last increase. The cost of living affects you more if you earn less than £100k a year.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

my tax reduced over the past 5 years. you do understand thats the effect of increasing the allowance?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
my tax reduced over the past 5 years. you do understand thats the effect of increasing the allowance?
More than taken away for most people, by the VAT increase at the beginning of this government.
20% VAT!!!!!!
This hits the hardworking people much harder than the wealthy. Which is why it's always the first hike the Tories make.
Never any discussion about dropping it back, now that the economy is supposedly thriving.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You are looking at the statement from the wrong angle. It was more about ensuring that it pays to work rather than living off benefits, so that people who worked would not find that those on benefits were being paid more.

They want to remove the situation where if you work a few more hours the reduction in any benefits is more than the additional pay, so you are worse off by working more.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He might not be able to make your life better, but he can make someone else's life worse, and let you watch.
Surely that's good enough...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Do you want to live in a communist state?
No...I want to know what he can do to reward us that's all???
He said hardworking people not families and was just wondering what he would call a reward...I'm sure many work their nuts off but are worse off it seems.The rising cost of living will only get worse while wages stagnates time and time again.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
@ Steve Foster
Apologies if that was a thumbs down.

It was supposed to be a thumbs up :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I admire his concern for all of us slogging our guts out to stay afloat. Yes we now seem to have a "booming " economy but it has not worked it's way down to those at the bottom of the ladder who are already, as David oft quotes " Working Hard to Get On " and have been subject to a collapse in living standards over the last 5 years.

The Tory party has always been about making cash and keeping it whereas the Libs and Labour lean towards a fairer division between haves and have nots. Mind you, it was hilarious earlier in the year when he went against usual Tory standards and said " Britain needs a Pay Rise " and tried to encourage bosses give some cash to the peons... at least until he gets re-elected.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
No...I want to know what he can do to reward us that's all???
He said hardworking people not families and was just wondering what he would call a reward...I'm sure many work their nuts off but are worse off it seems.The rising cost of living will only get worse while wages stagnates time and time again.

Raising the personal allowance?

2 million more jobs?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You are looking at the statement from the wrong angle. It was more about ensuring that it pays to work rather than living off benefits, so that people who worked would not find that those on benefits were being paid more.

They want to remove the situation where if you work a few more hours the reduction in any benefits is more than the additional pay, so you are worse off by working more.

Seem eminently sensible

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

So his big statement was based around 1.5 million unemployed people who probably never vote as they're to pissed?
You're looking at it from the wrong angle as the chances of trying to avoid work nowadays is getting very very hard and I'm certain he means everyone will get rewarded if they work hard.
Guess our reward is paying more tax by doing 65 hrs a week to make ends meet mmmmm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here