Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grand Coalition

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why not just do it to p**s off the those north the border?

Seriously, why can't Miliband and Cameron work closer together to solve some of Britain's biggest problems.

Centre-left and centre-right party alliances in Europe are commonplace.

Works in Germany

Lets face it, is there really that much difference these days? Its not like Thatcher versus Foot...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
An interesting possibility, but much more likely if they were both further from the finishing line on their own.

The negotiations on PM, DPM and major posts would be fascinating!! :laugh:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't that then elevate the SNP to the status of Opposition? Cameron vs Salmond PMQs?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or we do the complete opposite and copy Belgium.

Waffle and a Tin-Tin comic, anyone?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who would I moan at then?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think the idea is particularly far fetched. It may be a tricky solution but we'll have one of those whatever happens, if the polls are correct. There are no "obvious" coalitions in prospect.

The alternative is to have months of political chaos followed by an autumn election, which may well deliver a similar result.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I can really see a Tory government with SNP and UKIP support. This would basically isolate the British Isles from the rest of the globe while allowing Cameron to ramp up his systematic dismantling of hating the welfare and NHS system, literally starve the poor out of the UK and elevating the ultra rich further up the scale. Until Boris takes over mid term and then things will get very messy very quickly.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I can really see a Tory government with SNP and UKIP support. This would basically isolate the British Isles from the rest of the globe while allowing Cameron to ramp up his systematic dismantling of hating the welfare and NHS system, literally starve the poor out of the UK and elevating the ultra rich further up the scale. Until Boris takes over mid term and then things will get very messy very quickly.

Can't see the SNP joining on those terms really.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Eh?..... not that Nicola has any say, she isn't an MP, she stands only in the Scottish parliament, but I think she would rather chew her own nipples off before she allows the Westminster SNP party to jump into bed with Cons...... She cannot go back on her own promises. .... can she?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can really see a Tory government with SNP and UKIP support. This would basically isolate the British Isles from the rest of the globe while allowing Cameron to ramp up his systematic dismantling of hating the welfare and NHS system, literally starve the poor out of the UK and elevating the ultra rich further up the scale.
Sounds good. Who do I vote for?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The other major plus is this would give us the opportunity to kick both Sturgeon and Salmond straight in the crutch for their treachery.

'Independence you want Nicola? Well maybe not, and no there won't be another vote on it for at least 25 years. Oh and those devolved powers you managed to negotiate Alex? History, nada, we are taking them back. Barnet formula? Finished, you get what you pay for from now on Scotch boy! And lastly, you know that wall from left to right of northern England (where you are governed from), we are extending right around your coastline seperating you from both the sea and the North Sea oil revenue. Please enjoy your new found power with all your shiny new MP's in Westminster folks!' :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is the wrong answer. She's not allowed in the Commons as she's not an MP.

At the moment the leader of the SNP in Westminster in Angus Robertson - might change to AS if he's elected (which he will)

I thought non-MPs can be cabinet ministers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here