Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which party offers the best immigration policies?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Labour being left wing probably not, what do the Tories offer? And what does UKIP offer on this matter? Are they similar or do they differ alot?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I presume there's no 'machine-gunning them at the water's edge' in anybody's party manifesto?

If there were, I don't know how that party would do in the constituencies, but it would carry the footy bulletin boards.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hope you don't catch any dolphins in your tuna net.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Can't do anything about it by being in the EU. Labour allowed 1 million Muslims in from 97 till 2010 which has been reduced but Labour will open the gates again as Muslims vote Labour.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
forget UKIP it`s the UKMP....United Kingdom Muslim Party......you want to worry about...!!!!!!!!!!!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
All the time we are in the EU, there is nothing we can do about immigration.

Labour/Greens think the more the better. Conservatives acknowledge there is an immigration problem and promise to do something about it, like they did 5 years ago (immigration has actually increased since they took charge)

Only UKIP are willing to do anything. Pulling out of EU will cut immigration down massively. Then introducing a points system similar to the one which Australia use will cut it further, only seeing those who offer Briton something in return into the country. Such as doctors.

Despite what others will tell you, the will not 'kick out' those already in this country that are not white British.

Some call that racist. I call it sensible, controlled immigration.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Labour being left wing probably not, what do the Tories offer? And what does UKIP offer on this matter? Are they similar or do they differ alot?
Shouldn't you have looked into this a bit more before the day of the general election?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I should have, but the voting stations close at 10pm, got loads of time!

On a slight aside I recall back in 2010 there being such long ques outside polling stations at 10pm that many who turned up could not vote. Dont leave it to the last minute!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
On a slight aside I recall back in 2010 there being such long ques outside polling stations at 10pm that many who turned up could not vote. Dont leave it to the last minuite!

I plan a gentle stroll to the polling station soon since the sun is out and about!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Labour and Lib Dems as you can move about the whole of the EU with freedom. Useful as you're not lumbered with a limited passport like a lot of countries.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
For the lazy people who've left it until today to decide what they think the best/worst immigration policies are:
(From here: http://www.bbc.com/news/election/2015/manifesto-guide)

Conservative

• Aim to keep annual net migration in tens of thousands
  • EU migrants to wait four years before they can claim certain benefits or social housing
  • No out of work benefits for migrants or child benefit for dependents living outside UK
  • Negotiate with EU to bring in stronger powers to deport foreign criminals and prevent re-entry

Labour

• 1,000 new border staff and exit checks
  • Keep cap on workers from outside the EU
  • Make it illegal for employers to undercut British workers by exploiting migrants
  • Two-year wait before EU migrants can claim out-of-work benefits

Lib Dems

• Restore full entry and exit border checks
  • End indefinite detention for immigration purposes
  • Require new claimants with poor English skills to attend language courses in order to receive JSA
  • Phase out child benefit for children living outside the UK

UKIP

• Points system used to select migrants with skills and attributes needed to work in the country
  • Immigration capped at 50,000 people a year for skilled workers
  • Five-year ban on immigration for unskilled workers
  • Five-year wait before migrants can claim benefits

Green

• Remove restrictions on foreign students
  • Abolish family migration rules requiring citizens to have a minimum income for their spouse to come and join them in the UK
  • More rights for asylum seekers
  • No preference for those with resources or desirable skills

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Labour have the best policies. We can all move about Europe uninterrupted and extremely welcome in most places. Which is great for open minded folk who want to see new cultures and experience people. Not so great for those who hide away in Haywards Heath muttering at the news and tutting at black faces on Midsomer Murders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here