Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

voterpower.org

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
http://m.voterpower.org.uk/

An interesting site. Brightonians have a pretty powerful vote. If you're in West Sussex you may as well stay at home on polling day and have a big hand shandy instead. At least you'll have a little something to show for it afterwards.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm in A & SD also and you're right it could seem like a wasted vote. However, with this election especially, there is going to be a strong focus on legitimacy and, I feel, every vote will count to justify each party's stance

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I grew up in an 'ultra safe' conservative constituency where they would elect literally anyone if they had a blue rosette on their chest.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If you don't vote then you can't complain about the result afterwards :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I grew up in an 'ultra safe' conservative constituency where they would elect literally anyone if they had a blue rosette on their chest.

Indeed, it will be interesting to see if the new Asian-English candidate affects the numbers at all!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
If you don't vote then you can't complain about the result afterwards :thumbsup:

Er, no. If you vote you accept the system therefore accept the result and whatever the elected people do. So you can't complain. If you don't vote you absolutely CAN complain about everything and anything as you haven't sanctioned it all.

This bullying by the Voting Class of the RNV (Registered Non Voting) block happens every general election. Yet the RNV have won three elections in a row, and today will win their fourth. The days of the Political and Voting Classes are numbered in months not years now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Er, no. If you vote you accept the system therefore accept the result and whatever the elected people do. So you can't complain. If you don't vote you absolutely CAN complain about everything and anything as you haven't sanctioned it all.

This bullying by the Voting Class of the RNV (Registered Non Voting) block happens every general election. Yet the RNV have won three elections in a row, and today will win their fourth. The days of the Political and Voting Classes are numbered in months not years now.
You're welcome to your opinion of course :) To my mind though, complaining about the outcome of an electoral system you've opted out of is like complaining about the result of the FA Cup Final when you've maintained a lifelong dislike of football.

Just having my views like :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're welcome to your opinion of course :) To my mind though, complaining about the outcome of an electoral system you've opted out of is like complaining about the result of the FA Cup Final when you've maintained a lifelong dislike of football.

Just having my views like :thumbsup:
What have Chelsea fans got to do with it? :lol: :dunce:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just shows the most intelligent people live in Worthing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here