Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barca v Munchen Bayer

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Last night was the final straw.

I watched enthralled, by the tactical battle, the supporter sentiment, and the sheer effort and guile of the participants.

This morning, I revisited an old chestnut of an article regarding the cheapest season tickets at the two clubs concerned (and their supporter-ownership models), and have decided that I won't pay the prices asked for my 'experience' at the Amex any more.
Me and junior have cancelled our ST's in the East upper. ....Bye Bye those who know us.
It's been 40 yrs of interest, but I'm off.......I'll miss some of you here too.....

Data here
Next season: County League - Mile Oak

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'd have more sympathy for your sentiment if our revenue stream was anything like approaching what Barca and Bayern receive.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why don't you try to get a season at either of those two clubs then?

I'll tell you why. Because both of them are sold out. The amount of money both of those clubs generate isn't even in the same universe as the Albion. They can afford to have cheaper tickets. We can't.

If you can't afford the (brilliant) direct debit payments, then I genuinely feel for you. Being priced out of a sport you love is not nice.

But telling your son he can't go to the Albion any more because Bayern Munich and Barcelona have cheaper season tickets sounds absolutely mental to me.

Dec 29, 2011

I'll tell you why. Because both of them are sold out. The amount of money both of those clubs generate isn't even in the same universe as the Albion. They can afford to have cheaper tickets. We can't.

If you can't afford the (brilliant) direct debit payments, then I genuinely feel for you. Being priced out of a sport you love is not nice.

But telling your son he can't go to the Albion any more because Bayern Munich and Barcelona have cheaper season tickets sounds absolutely mental to me.

So I assume when we are promoted, and our revenue rises, we'll lower our season ticket prices accordingly? Didn't think so.

Flounce.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't see either of those clubs as a comparison. Looking at what I consider the realistic competition to be if I want to watch football, I can easily go to London (£40 rail fare and towards £50 for most prem games), Burgess Hill (which I do when I can't make an Albion game, short walk and £9) and Albion which works out at about £25 a game including travel. Pretty fairly priced relative to the other two IMHO. Each to his own though, pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I .........IMHO. Each to his own though, pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Exactly, I agree......you mugs just carry on......
You go watch 'impact players' paid a fortune and throwing themselves on the ground in a tantrum.

Its the English model that makes me puke......and I surely won't miss the some of the towering intellects in here.:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
You go watch 'impact players' paid a fortune and throwing themselves on the ground in a tantrum.

Its the English model that makes me puke......and I surely won't miss the some of the towering intellects in here.:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Showing your true colours now. What exactly was your agenda in starting this thread?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove

Value and price are two different things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No need to resort to personal insults - how I choose to spend my money doesn't make me a 'mug'. There are aspects of the English model loads of us don't like, but part of the fun for me is having a bloody good moan about it, and the players, arguing with mates etc. Anyway, byeeeeee.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

A flounce .... followed by an even bigger flounce!!!!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Value and price are two different things.

Absolutely. And value for money isn't something you can quantify, it's down to the individual.
If value for money is something you take into account, and you don't feel you're getting it. You should leave.

Are you giving up the Albion altogether or just your season tickets?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Fail to see your need to result to insults ?

Perhaps it's because of some of the critism on this thread to your opening post ?

If that's the case of suggest you don't bother starting threads with a post that some will disagree with. Your intitled to your opinion certainly but isn't football a case of more than am I getting good value compared to another team ?

I thought it was about supporting your team and enjoying the highs and lows of being a supporter ?

I can understand why people either can't afford it or perhaps choose not to spend their money on it but that doesn't make us mugs. In my opinion stopping a season ticket because it's more expensive than Bayern on Barca is mental as it isn't a fair comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here