Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth outside FFP rules?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An accounting loss is not the same as that used to measure FFP.

There will be costs included in that loss which are excluded from FFP calculations.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Those losses will be wiped out with promotion. Even if all of the losses count against FFP, which they wont, the fine will be relatively small.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Interesting that the money from Denim is a loan at 3%, payable in 2017. Would have been a problem had they not got promoted. Which I suppose makes it irrelevant now.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm still coming to terms with the fact that if we knock Bournemouth out of next seasons FA Cup it will be seen as a giant-killing. Ultimately, fair play to them though. They've managed to do in two seasons what we couldn't in four. If we get our arses in gear we might swap places with them next May. Stranger things have happened.

SAC

May 21, 2014
If they haven't conformed to FFP, they might be keeping a wary eye on what happens to QPR though.

I don't think you should compare the two, it's closer to Leicester who went up with a £20 million loss of which £13 million was exempt from FFP.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bournemouth can lose as much as they like , all it needs is a decent accountant to do the books. #AlCapone

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Anyone else read this in Telegraph this morning?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...y-regret-failing-to-exploit-FFP-loophole.html

Really p1$$ed me off about 'Impairment'. Basically clubs like Fulham wrote off transfer fees in the year they got relegated rather than spreading them over the life of the contract (as is the accounting norm). Effectively the Football league has said as long as the accountants are comfortable with signing this off in accounts then they will not argue, meaning that those that spotted the loophole can get away with it. Hope it is closed this year and they throw the book at QPR (nothing personal against QPR but more for the protection of FFP which will be dead otherwise)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Or sign decent players from non-league and the lower divisions.
But his shows a lack of ambition, and a generally cheese-paring management.

At least when BHA do it, it does....

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I can see a Blackpool coming on. Or a final few seasons of Wigan or Bradford. Sides with little support and no support outside their Town or county seem to capitulate after a spell in the PL.
Unless they just spend no money, take the 90 million, go back down and rebuild a better club, they will fail miserably. But the temptation to spend and stay in the PL will be too great.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Anyone else read this in Telegraph this morning?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...y-regret-failing-to-exploit-FFP-loophole.html

Really p1$$ed me off about 'Impairment'. Basically clubs like Fulham wrote off transfer fees in the year they got relegated rather than spreading them over the life of the contract (as is the accounting norm). Effectively the Football league has said as long as the accountants are comfortable with signing this off in accounts then they will not argue, meaning that those that spotted the loophole can get away with it. Hope it is closed this year and they throw the book at QPR (nothing personal against QPR but more for the protection of FFP which will be dead otherwise)

It has been dead from the start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here