Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear's new hosts

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
According to the Telegraph's James Rothwell, the trio will consist of model Jodie Kidd, actor Philip Glenister, and television host Guy Martin.

Kidd, 36, is a a noted fashion model and TV personality who currently hosts "The Classic Car Show" on the UK's Channel 5. Kidd is a well-known car enthusiast and has appeared on "Top Gear" twice as guest.

Glenister, 52, has had leading roles on the British TV shows "Life on Mars" and "Ashes to Ashes." The actor currently hosts "For the Love of Cars" on Channel 4 in the UK.

Martin, 33, is a successful TV host and motorcycle racer. He's made nearly a dozen appearances at the prestigious Tourist Trophy motorcycle race on the Isle of Man.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Acutally, will The Stig be in the new Top Gear? I don't think he quit did he?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I quite like the line up but I'd be disappointed to see the end of For The Love of Cars which is a great show. Glenister's co-host on the show Ant Anstead is the real star but they do work well together so maybe BBC could use Ant as well in some capacity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely the 3 presenters from Top Gear was the program andthen reason for its success, so for me just scrap the show. Immitations are rarely as good as the original and the same with remakes of TV programs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Guy Martin has said he doesn't know what they are talking about. Which may well be the case, who knows but I'd be very very surprised if he went for it. I'd definaty start watching again if he did even though Jodie Kidd is not as attractive as she reckons and Is extremely annoying. I know it's not the right view to have but something just seems false and forced a bout women talking about cars. Sorry but I feel the same about football. Just cringeworthy.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Guy Martin has said he doesn't know what they are talking about. Which may well be the case, who knows but I'd be very very surprised if he went for it. I'd definaty start watching again if he did even though Jodie Kidd is not as attractive as she reckons and Is extremely annoying. I know it's not the right view to have but something just seems false and forced a bout women talking about cars. Sorry but I feel the same about football. Just cringeworthy.

Agreed. Your views are cringeworthy.

Oh,and how do you know how attractive Jodie Kidd reckons she is; have you asked her? And what fu*k has that got to do with her presenting a TV programme? As you say.... cringeworthy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Vic Reeves as his normal Jim Moir would make a fine host. Bear with me.
If anyone has seen his straight presenting work he is genuinely riveting and a big petrol head. His documentary on Barry Sheene was one of my TV highlights of this year so far. And he doesn't seem to have regular stuff so he'd have the time.
Vote Vic.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agreed. Your views are cringeworthy.

Oh,and how do you know how attractive Jodie Kidd reckons she is; have you asked her? And what fu*k has that got to do with her presenting a TV programme? As you say.... cringeworthy.
image.jpg

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Red Rum called, can he have his blinkers back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here