Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone know where I can find a list of candidates for the LOCAL elections?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I believe I have a vote for Lewes District and Newhaven Town councils but all I know is based on the few leaflets that have come through the front door!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry if obvious, but how many votes do you get in these? Does it depend on the local authority?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thats a very good point. I've seen naff all from anyone concerning the local elections. maybe i should do naff all at the ballot too?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Sorry if obvious, but how many votes do you get in these? Does it depend on the local authority?

I believe it varies - for example here in Hangleton I get three local votes as we have three councillor positions.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

2 candidates for Valley ward or 3 for Newhaven & Meeching. It will tell you at the top of the ballot paper, how many X you can use.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
2 candidates for Valley ward or 3 for Newhaven & Meeching. It will tell you at the top of the ballot paper, how many X you can use.

OK, I believe I'm in Meeching. I wanted to know in advance so I could make a decision before I get there. Glad I can choose three!

I'm always a bit surprised how much party politics still dominates in these local elections, when it's often less relevant.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
And you have a candidate with Albion connections, don't you? Would that make you vote Labour?

I will indeed be voting for Martin. My other two votes will be for Dawn Barnett and Tony Janio ( Tories ) because I've had a lot of help from both of them over local problems.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I will indeed be voting for Martin. My other two votes will be for Dawn Barnett and Tony Janio ( Tories ) because I've had a lot of help from both of them over local problems.

... and you're voting UKIP in the national elections? At least you're one person who can never be accused of blindly sticking to one party

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
... and you're voting UKIP in the national elections? At least you're one person who can never be accused of blindly sticking to one party

Which is surely a good thing? It's got to be good to think about local elections on another level.

I'd be interested to hear what UKIP can do about their key issues (the EU and immigration) at a local level?

Edit: Perhaps a mod should change this into a general local elections discussion thread?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'm confused about peacehaven? Seems I vote in the Peacehaven/Kemp town ward. Also in the LDC council elections?

I followed that link and can't see where it comes under unless e. saltdean and telscombe covers it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003

Indeed - I'm a true floating voter.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm confused about peacehaven? Seems I vote in the Peacehaven/Kemp town ward. Also in the LDC council elections?

I followed that link and can't see where it comes under unless e. saltdean and telscombe covers it.

You're certainly in the Kemptown parliamentary constituency, but in East Sussex and Lewes District.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
thats a very good point. I've seen naff all from anyone concerning the local elections. maybe i should do naff all at the ballot too?

The local press in particular the "Sussex Express" and the Heral Group have been appalling in their lack of coverage of the local elections.

In the past they would list candidates for Town and District elections with a brief profile of each candidate (if the candidates or their Party reps had sent one in). This time the "Express" listed just the LDC candidates by name and Party allegiance. Nothing appeared about Town candidates.

I don't think the Seaford Herald was any better at £1.05 I think it's poor VFM.:angry:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I received an email today from Calamity Clegg, his video clip had a frozen face suggesting the bottom was just about to drop out of his world, or perhaps it was the other way round...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here