Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains - Pointa failure at Hove.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Currently stuck on what is the 7.11 from Hove heading to London Bridge.

Sitting at Aldrington ATM but no further information on how long we will be here for.

Update, Engineers on site but no timeframe of when this will be finished.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's when I see posts like this one I'm soooooooooo glad I took a lower salary to work in Brighton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Working from home today. Just Made a bacon sarnie, replying to an email from someone very senior in my shorts and tee shirt [emoji3]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's when I see posts like this one I'm soooooooooo glad I took a lower salary to work in Brighton.

I decided about 10 years ago that commuting was rubbish and decided to end it. One of the best decisions I have made.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Working from home today. Just Made a bacon sarnie, replying to an email from someone very senior in my shorts and tee shirt [emoji3]

It feels even better when you do it in bra and knickers. Trust me on this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I worked from home for 5 years but now use a co-working space. I actually quite like the act of going to work.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I live on top of a mahoossive hill, so cycling home is a no go.

Luckily for me, Gothenburg has these bad boys:

styr-och-stall-natt-460x195.jpg

It costs the equivalent of a fiver a year to be a member and rental is free as long as you put the bike back within 30 minutes.
Bike to work. Walk/bus home.

The stress (and cost) of driving to work every day is but a distant memory!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I worked from home for 5 years but now use a co-working space. I actually quite like the act of going to work.

I worked from home for 6 years - it can get very lonely. I now work from home occassionaly - like tomorrow for example.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

How do you know he's wearing them? How did he get hold of them?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Me too. I actually don't mind commuting in and out of London - I tend to travel early in the morning when it's a lot loess busy. Most of the time it works OK and it's good to be in an open plan office environment. I use the commute to relax, check emails etc and generally chill out. Feel like I have the best of both worlds in that I work at home a couple of days a week (flexible so I can work in other stuff like training etc) and commute the rest, so it never feels like the grind doing it every day does. I'm also travelling about one week in four which adds a bit more variety and breaks up the monotony.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I worked from home for 6 years - it can get very lonely. I now work from home occassionaly - like tomorrow for example.

Yes. I also found that my social skills, personal hygiene and dress sense suffered when I had no human interaction. And I didn't have a very high level in the first place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Alright, well I could do it in 8 minutes (and have done several times when I've been in a hurry) but I prefer the more casual commute.
:thumbsup:

My 10 will increase sharply soon as Brewdog is opening and it's literally on my route home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here