Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were the FA racist ?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
So it was FA racism that killed Carlton Palmer's international career rather than his ineptitude as a footballer?

SAC

May 21, 2014
If Taylor was leant on, presumably Robby Bobson, Ron Green wood and other previous managers were too? Shame that only one of them is alive and he can't remember the conversation.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Didn't England field an all black team( not NZ rugby ,smartarses)for a friendly at Wembley in the seventies because the FA thought it would be like watching Brazil? Seem to remember this but can't find it anywhere.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Didn't England field an all black team( not NZ rugby ,smartarses)for a friendly at Wembley in the seventies because the FA thought it would be like watching Brazil? Seem to remember this but can't find it anywhere.

Not one that I remember. Who was in goal?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Not one that I remember. Who was in goal?

Good point!! It maybe was an idea to kick start us as a footballing force . It would have been between 74 and 80.We had not qualified for two World Cups and I think the FA were open to any ideas. I seem to remember it was to emulate Brazil at the time. I can even visualise the back page of The Sun with a formation of black outfield players. It may have been an idea that did not come to fruition, but it sticks in mind that it was either an idea or actually happened .

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Question for all you Know alls re racism issue....Is it Racist to want an all black or white team?? any more than if you wanted to get together a team of Chinese or Indians ??

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Clearly a load of bollocks in order to sell a book. This is a manager that picked Carlton Palmer and Tony Daley in the same England team; most managers wouldn't have needed an excuse to drop those two!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Question for all you Know alls re racism issue....Is it Racist to want an all black or white team?? any more than if you wanted to get together a team of Chinese or Indians ??

You will have to ask elsewhere in order to quench your thirst for knowledge. Try a search engine that may help you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here