Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Place In The Sun tv show- has anyone actually bought a property?

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Jasmine Harman HAS to be one of the most irritating presenters out there. That horrible nasal whine - and the relentless flashes of those luminous Hampstead Heaths....

A couple of chums of mine went on the show a few years back. They presented themselves as people who really enjoyed hang gliding and knew that Croatia had superb facilities. They ended up moving to ... er ... Cooksbridge.

But the hang gliding was good. And cheap.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was one dear old girl this arvo who fell desperately head over heels in love with a a beautiful two storey property in Barbados that came in massively under her £180,000 budget. Jasmine almost SLAPPED her because it would only bring in 2K a year as 'a rental property'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bit like Homes Under The Hammer for me................ Addictive viewing even though it is essentially bollocks. :lolol:

A Place in the Sun is a pain in the bum for us. They call us with two days notice, want to see loads of properties, most of which are totally unsuited for their clients and we spend loads of time and get nowhere.

I won't have anything to do with them any more

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't know about A Place In The Sun but my wife's friend is soon to be on Wanted Down Under. They do actually want to emigrate to Oz but are actually torn about moving away from family.

They had to go through several auditions and a screen test (at which they thought they'd blown it) so it's far from a free holiday. However, when they first applied they thought they'd either try Perth or Adelaide. Having done more research they included Sydney in the list of possible destinations. The producer gave them Brisbane......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here