Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sun front page

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is this really Murdoch's knock-out punch?

bacon-sandwich.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can't remember the exact figures but the Sun's circulation is down by something like a third, even since the last election.

This stuff is the desperate death rattle of a once big beast and, I suspect, so condescendingly rubbish probably as to turn out to be entirely counterproductive.

haggis

Aug 1, 2014
Murdoch is running scared that Labour will regulate the press with the Levenson recommendations. Just don't buy the Sun. Look what it said about Liverpool supporters after Hillsborough

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Actually, from the Sun nothing surprises me. It's the boorish, stupid coverage in the Telegraph - a paper I normally quite like, despite its views - has been far worse in this election. Desperate stuff from the billionaire owners.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Not stereotyping or anything, but I shouldn't imagine a large percentage of The Sun's overall readership vote in any case. To quote our Sun reading neighbours: 'We don't vote because we don't understand politics.'

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not stereotyping or anything, but I shouldn't imagine a large percentage of The Sun's overall readership vote in any case. To quote our Sun reading neighbours: 'We don't vote because we don't understand politics.'

Funny you should say that, I had to explain the political parties to a dullard at work the other day. They thought the Green Party were called that because they liked the colour green and didn't know who the Tories were. They read the sun as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"This is the pig's ear Ed made of a helpless sarnie"

What in the name of frig is a "helpless" sarnie ?

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The tragedy is that so many people DO fall for it.

Propaganda is very real in this country and it is extremely harmful to our democracy. People bang on about the "free press" like it's a good thing, but it should really be heavily regulated to be more truthful and impartial, if it is to claim it is a newspaper.

Heavily regulated ? by whom...anyone who dislikes what you dislike ?............Do you really believe the press should be regulated ? Like it is in Russia,Syria etc ?? Should the Sun be Banned from running Down Milliband any more than you from running down the Sun ???.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
As I said five years ago Sun readers voting Tory is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Yep, I would go further and say that 99% of the people who vote for the tories are akin to turkeys voting for Chrsitmas.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Heavily regulated ? by whom...anyone who dislikes what you dislike ?............Do you really believe the press should be regulated ? Like it is in Russia,Syria etc ?? Should the Sun be Banned from running Down Milliband any more than you from running down the Sun ???.

Is anyone calling for that? I think the ideal from all concerned has been for the press to regulate itself. However, it has proved unwilling or unable to do so, as per the various delightful sagas such as paying policemen for stories or hacking into abducted and murdered teenagers' mobile telephones. In the absence of self-regulation, the state has to step in.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Fair play to them. The country would be better off if more people accepted that cold truth. Starting with Russell Brand.

Its a that shame people believe the truth is a world run by oligarchs, for their own ends, by pulling the strings of the sycophantic governors beneath them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here