Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Election - Why oh why oh why? Please enlighten me.

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
I can understand peeps voting lib dem, voting UkIP , voting greens, voting for independants, voting for the tories, even SNP, but why oh why oh why would anyone in their right mind ever ever ever again vote labour . Their record of bringing this country to its knees over and over again is testament that sentiment and good hearts do not cut it when it comes to running a solid economic and socially cohesive society.
Give me strength that they even have the audacity to stand at this election after the mess they created previously and that the tories have been hamstrung by in trying to turm Britain back into Great Britain.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I can understand peeps voting lib dem, voting UkIP , voting greens, voting for independants, voting for the tories, even SNP, but why oh why oh why would anyone in their right mind ever ever ever again vote labour . Their record of bringing this country to its knees over and over again is testament that sentiment and good hearts do not cut it when it comes to running a solid economic and socially cohesive society.
Give me strength that they even have the audacity to stand at this election after the mess they created previously and that the tories have been hamstrung by in trying to turm Britain back into Great Britain.

If you see a letter come through the door from 4 Matthew Parker Street, London, be sure to open it. It's a job offer- they like your work.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I can't understand how anyone with a shred of humanity can vote Conservative.
I can't understand why so many people think a party that has turned the country into recession several times, sold off our utilities and housing and did absolutely nothing with a massive north sea oil boom and right up to the eve of the banking crisis was calling for less regulation is to be trusted on the economy.
I take that back, if you are worth many millions and are an avaricious sociopath I almost get it

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

That is such a facile statement I was convinced you were on a fishing trip until I realised that an anagram of your username is Oh Retard.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012

Can you really??

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If the 2008 economic crash was all Labour's fault, why did the rest of Western Europe, plus the United States, suffer exactly the same economic crash?

The common link was 30 years of neo-liberalism and rampant Capitalism (even under New Labour) - the believe that 'the market', freed of government intervention or control, is sacrosanct, and that absolutely nothing must interfere with the pursuit of short-term profits or huge bonuses, however financially reckless or socially destructive individuals and institutions behaved in the process.

http://www.theguardian.com/business...-crisis-not-labour-overspend?CMP=share_btn_fb

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I

It means you believe the Tory spin. You've bought it hook, line and sinker.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

I do believe it was actually the BANKS, that ruined this (and other) countries..

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm more interested in

"If you vote for Party x, what mistakes do you think they have made and to what extent do you excuse them for those mistakes?"

Reading on here it seems like every poster agrees entirely with every policy put forward by their party of choice.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Believe me- people said the same about the Tories in 1997

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

And took us into Iraq where 179 British troops were unnecessarily killed. The Labour party has blood on its hands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Why not look at the 500 plus pages on the election thread and find out?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why, Oh Why, Oh Why 2

Why would anyone vote Labour when the man who would be Chancellor TWICE bounced a cheque on a tradesperson he had employed. Ed Balls cannot run his own finances, let alone the nations economy!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Isle would he know who the letter is from before he opened it?

Probably because it's printed on the top right hand corner of the envelope with a conspicuous Tory emblem.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Except they didn't create the mess, it was the banks. The Tory party is the party of recession, they've been bringing this country to its knees on a regular basis since the 80's. If only the labour party didn't pander to tory-lite policies then they may be in better shape than they are now. The Conservatives, the party of recession.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here