Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drove past the club tonight

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...and there is a bloody great hole and tons of spoil where the so called hotel is going....and Bennetts car park has been ripped up with great channels carved into it!

So those in the know...what is going on?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
...and there is a bloody great hole and tons of spoil where the so called hotel is going....and Bennetts car park has been ripped up with great channels carved into it!

Bozza's secret underground cave is undergoing improvements

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For a laugh, I rang them up the other day and told them that was where Dick Tight had buried the cup final money - never thought they'd take it seriously though :facepalm:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's the car park improvements granted planning permission last year, rearranging the layout by putting in some trees and bollards. Trying to solve the aggro and people getting aggressive with eachother by managing the flow better.

It's nothing to do with the hotel, a planning application hasn't been submitted for that yet. Also, why is it a 'so called' hotel?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
It's the car park improvements granted planning permission last year, rearranging the layout by putting in some trees and bollards. Trying to solve the aggro and people getting aggressive with eachother by managing the flow better.

It's nothing to do with the hotel, a planning application hasn't been submitted for that yet. Also, why is it a 'so called' hotel?

It's quite a large hole for trees and bollards. Are they planting trees or burying them?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
They might be dealing with drainage issues as well, whatever the case it isn't to do with the hotel.

It probably is external services ducts and/or main drainage runs for a potential hotel. It would make sense to put these in now, as they are low costs works, whilst they do the car park alterations in that area. If the hotel doesn't go ahead it would be no great loss.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
They might be dealing with drainage issues as well, whatever the case it isn't to do with the hotel.

I'm with Hoveboyslim on this one. I work in Construction and the holes that I saw at our last home match are much deeper than would be required for standard car park drainage. They were more likely to be enabling works for the future hotels services. As HBS says put them in now while the car parks being remodelled and it saves time and cost later when the hotel kicks off.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Would be really nice if it was a new drainage system pulling the waste away from the direction of the station, so that the queue for the trains isn't quite so unpleasant sometimes!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Why would it be a 'so called' hotel?

In any case it's all to do with Bennett's Field carpark as I understand it, and bugger all to do with a hotel we haven't even applied for yet.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why would it be a 'so called' hotel?

In any case it's all to do with Bennett's Field carpark as I understand it, and bugger all to do with a hotel we haven't even applied for yet.

This is brilliant. We have two completely different answers (it is for the hotel, it isn't for the hotel), both based on firm inside knowledge of The Truth. Nothing could sum up NSC better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here