Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jay Emanuel-Thomas

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
He is leaving Bristol City this summer. It seems that he hasn't played enough and hasn't been offered a new contract.

He played with Baldock in 2013-2014 season. He scored 21 goals that season and Baldock scored 25 goals.

His Championship record, goal wise isn't that good, but is it worth bringing him in for his partnership with Baldock (although that was in league 1)?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, absolutely not. It would go completely against NSC policy. He's never played for us before ..........

..... and look at his record in 2013-2014 - he's even worse than Baldock!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Decent squad player in some of our weak positions, wouldn't imagine he'll demand silly wages after being released by Bristol City either. I'd take him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's a yes from me.
Can appear very lazy. Indeed he can be very lazy.
But when in the mood he can bully defenders, has an eye for a pass, and has a decent shot on him.
The decider for me is that he is proven to be able to form a productive partnership with the only striker we are pretty well guaranteed to have here in August.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No thanks.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I suggested this in the Jamie Ward thread. 2 wingers than can play as forwards, with decent pedigree to their name, both available on a free?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a yes from me.
Can appear very lazy. Indeed he can be very lazy.
But when in the mood he can bully defenders, has an eye for a pass, and has a decent shot on him.
The decider for me is that he is proven to be able to form a productive partnership with the only striker we are pretty well guaranteed to have here in August.

I really don't understand the thinking behind this. We have just witnessed a former prem player come here on loan and without the will and commitment, was basically lazy. Why would we risk that again.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Elphick,Cooke,both not good enough for us but seemed chuffed to bits on their bus ride yesterday.

Lets review how good they are next season.
Howe won't change his system so the Bournemouth back four will have to be very quick and very mobile next season to cope with every PL team counter-attacking them. Elphick and Cook haven't played against this quality before and some teams will take them to the cleaners.
I didn't hear too many complaints when we let them go. Elphick was struggling to get in the side and Cook was off the radar. Upson, Greer and Dunk seemed to give us more options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here