Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Election upsets

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Who ,locally, do you think will lose their seat on Thursday ?

I've got a funny feeling that Norman Baker might be looking for a new job.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Baker will keep hold of his seat. He has enough support locally . I dont really think there will be any shock results in the Susex area. I would love that fat lump of lard soames to lose his seat but the voters in mid Sussex would return anything as long as it had a blue rosette on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who ,locally, do you think will lose their seat on Thursday ?

I've got a funny feeling that Norman Baker might be looking for a new job.

Simon Kirby and Stephen Lloyd look dodgy. Think Baker will win again though

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Baker will keep hold of his seat. He has enough support locally . I dont really think there will be any shock results in the Susex area. I would love that fat lump of lard soames to lose his seat but the voters in mid Sussex would return anything as long as it had a blue rosette on.

In Mid sussex a pig with a blue rosette would be elected...that is clearly demonstrated by the incumbent MP !!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Simon Kirby and Stephen Lloyd look dodgy. Think Baker will win again though

Can't see Lloyd losing, he's very popular and is a good constituency MP. Having said that, I won't vote for him because he won't rule out getting in to bed with the tories again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tory Boy in Brighton KempTown is looking very wobbly!

Will be nice to have Labour back locally in the constituency.

Kirby could be cursing UKIP taking away some of the traditional Tory vote in Saltdean , Telscombe Cliffs and Peacehaven which landed him the seat in 2010.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Locally I can't really see anything that would be classed as an upset.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Maude the Fraud is no more in the Horsham constituency and in his place a Tory banker from Buckinghamshire has been parachuted in. The UKIP candidate is a local ex Tory. It wont happen but I think it will closer than it has been for the past hundred plus years (1876 was the last time the Tories lost this seat).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Maude the Fraud is no more in the Horsham constituency and in his place a Tory banker from Buckinghamshire has been parachuted in. The UKIP candidate is a local ex Tory. It wont happen but I think it will closer than it has been for the past hundred plus years (1876 was the last time the Tories lost this seat).

The Tories are 1/100 to win Horsham.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Horsham is nailed on for a blue win.

Quinn's deepest connection with the town is that his in-laws live in Monk's Gate. Horshamite through and through then :facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
In Mid sussex a pig with a blue rosette would be elected...that is clearly demonstrated by the incumbent MP !!

He'll be returned, of course, but his share of the vote, to my surprise, actually constitutes the second smallest Conservative majority in West Sussex. Only Crawley has a smaller one. Soames has a majority of about 7,500. Nicholas Le Quesne (Nick to his chums) Herbert has over sixteen & a half thousand spare votes to play with in Arundel & South Downs :ohmy:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He'll be returned, of course, but his share of the vote, to my surprise, actually constitutes the second smallest Conservative majority in West Sussex. Only Crawley has a smaller one. Soames has a majority of about 7,500. Nicholas Le Quesne (Nick to his chums) Herbert has over sixteen & a half thousand spare votes to play with in Arundel & South Downs :ohmy:

In addition to that 21,000 people did not vote at the last election in Sussex Mid, so with a bigger turnout Soames may not feel so comfortable about that 7,500 majority. Just goes to show what power non-voters do have should they choose to exercise it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here