Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What watch

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Away from football & politics
I have a budget of approx. £100 for a watch - any suggestions. Preferably chrono style (new, not used)

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Yes Skagen do some great watches and don't follow this new trend of making watches MASSIVE.

Although I did manage to break mine, due to my own stupidity rather than a problem with the watch.

Funnily enough I own two. Both are broken. I smashed the face of one, then broke the strap of the other. No problem I thought, I'll just switch the good strap onto the one with the good face! Stripped the head off of the very last screw, now own two completely useless watches. Idiot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some GREAT editing there in order to make your point!

Skagen for me too for many years. Classis Danish design!

Nothing to do with editing. Leave the complete posts in and the point would still stand. 2 posters own three watches, and ALL are broken? For even a relatively cheap watch maker, that is shocking, regardless of misuse on the owners' part.

I treat my watches appalingly, and never so much as a significant scratch.

One of these chaps suffered a cracked watch face? Any half decent watch should have a sapphire glass that is pretty much indestructable - even at that price range.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Nothing to do with editing. Leave the complete posts in and the point would still stand. 2 posters own three watches, and ALL are broken? For even a relatively cheap watch maker, that is shocking, regardless of misuse on the owners' part.

I treat my watches appalingly, and never so much as a significant scratch.

One of these chaps suffered a cracked watch face? Any half decent watch should have a sapphire glass that is pretty much indestructable - even at that price range.

The glass is broken on one because I dropped it on a hard floor... twice. So that was totally my fault.

The other, I broke the buckle on the leather strap. That was actually quite annoying even after a year's worth of use.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The glass is broken on one because I dropped it on a hard floor... twice. So that was totally my fault.

The other, I broke the buckle on the leather strap. That was actually quite annoying even after a year's worth of use.

Entirely different price range, granted, but I dropped an Omega Seamaster, from a 10m balcony onto swimming pool tiles - didn't miss a beat.

It is almost impossible to even scratch, let alone smash, a sapphire watch glass.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I have my antique jewellery dealer sister in law currently sourcing me a 1960's Breitling Top Time with round silver case and white face, I have set a limit of £1300

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here