Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any BHAFC supporters voting for Norman Baker ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am now in his constituency. Shame he was such a bell end re the Stadium as apart from that he is by far the best option in this area and I would have voted for him, largely to his excellent work with Animal welfare issues. As it is, it is a NON STARTER so it will have to be the Tories or if I feel like it on the day and for the sheer hell of it, Nige

Anyone in the Lewes area gong to vote for Baker and even more bravely state it here ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Certainly not. He's sold Newhaven down the river, metaphorically and literally. His campaign leaflet shows a photo of him standing by the entrance to the West Beach which was taken by a photographer on Facebook. To my knowledge, he hasn't given any credit or asked for permission to use it. He may have done so now, in which case I apologise (in case he sues)
He should have been pushing for improvements to the A27 Beddingham to Polegate stretch but prevaricated over that. I don't recollect him doing anything beneficial for our constituency at all.
We're looking likely to lose Tide Mills beach as well now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is my point, how many voters has he lost in the last 5 years ? He may not be the shu in everyone seems to think

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think that Lord and Lady Bracknell may well have a few words for those supporting Maria Caulfield

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not in his constituency so cannot comment from personal experience; however from what I have seen in the media, he has been pushing hard for the reopening of the Lewes to Uckfield line. Would this sway any voters?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having driven through his constituency a few times recently, he wins the banner war hands down, with conservative posters / placards very much is second spot.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is my point, how many voters has he lost in the last 5 years ? He may not be the shu in everyone seems to think

It's only Newhaven people that feel that way. Lewes & Seaford dwellers won't care so will re-elect him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
living in the constituency i've seen a single pamphlet from Liberals, and didn't seem election focused (their general news). Conservatives has dropped a number through, seem to be making a strong fight for it. incidentally UKIP's leaflet this weekend was distributed by an asian lad, which i enjoyed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
living in the constituency i've seen a single pamphlet from Liberals, and didn't seem election focused (their general news). Conservatives has dropped a number through, seem to be making a strong fight for it. incidentally UKIP's leaflet this weekend was distributed by an asian lad, which i enjoyed.

What , a member of the BEM community delivering UKIP leaflets ? Well I never. :lol:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The latest poll suggest the: Libs on 36%, Con 32% Lab 8% ukip 15% Green 8%. So unless the UKip vote jumps ship to the Tories he should be safe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's 1/4, with the Tories 11/4.

http://bet-now.com.au/UK-General-Election---Lewes-Event.php

If I lived in Newhaven, I'd vote for him to keep the Tories out. Obviously it would grate and I'd prefer any other Lib Dem candidate to run in his place. And despite what [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] is saying, he is clearly a decent enough MP. The Lib Dems are getting an absolute kicking in this GE, and yet he's expected to hold his seat with ease.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He had a 7000 majority at the last election, so it would take a large swing for him to lose his seat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Certainly not. He's sold Newhaven down the river, metaphorically and literally. His campaign leaflet shows a photo of him standing by the entrance to the West Beach which was taken by a photographer on Facebook. To my knowledge, he hasn't given any credit or asked for permission to use it. He may have done so now, in which case I apologise (in case he sues)
He should have been pushing for improvements to the A27 Beddingham to Polegate stretch but prevaricated over that. I don't recollect him doing anything beneficial for our constituency at all.
We're looking likely to lose Tide Mills beach as well now.

I'm glad you have posted this.
Someone I know was singing the praises of Norman Baker, I asked them to give me a list of things he has done for Newhaven, I got no reply.

His leaflet said he campaigned against the incinerator and to get the West Beach opened, well that worked ???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here