Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Channel 5 to show FL highlights next season; Saturday nights at 9pm

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Martyn Ziegler on Twitter:
Channel 5 to show highlights from Championship, League 1 + 2 at 9pm on Saturday nights from next season. Finishes just before MOTD

D

Deleted member 22389

Channel 5 to show highlights from Championship, League 1 + 2 at 9pm on Saturday nights from next season. Finishes just before MOTD

9pm, much more of sensible time. I know there hasn't been much to look at this season, but I could hardly stay awake for the BBC programme. Good on Channel 5, and quite frankly a disgrace to the BBC who cannot compete. Where is all the licence fee going too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's hope they do a good job. Not easy finding the right pundits.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Better times , so great news for me as i don't stay up for bbcs late 1

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I hope they hire Leroy Rosenior, he's a top pundit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds excellent! Is that in addition to the Beeb's Football League Show or instead of it, anybody know, article in the link doesn't seem to mention it? Would presume it's instead of.

Lot of pressure on the programme makers to edit all the games into a 90 minute show by 9 pm I'd have thought.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

early to bed then :salute:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My BIG concern is that Andy Townsend is looking for a new job...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can I take a guess at the name of this show? I reckon it will be imaginatively called The Football League Highlights Show.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I can't believe that anything on C5 is going to be an improvement other than the fact that it will come out at 9PM.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Remember the ITV Football League Extra Show many years ago. Was broadcast at 1am on tuesday mornings. Think Gabriel Clarke was involved with that one and/or Andy Steggall(sp).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I can't believe that anything on C5 is going to be an improvement other than the fact that it will come out at 9PM.

Indeed. Good luck watching it on demand as well. If this is anything like Channel 5s efforts with the cricket highlights, they should be available online about ten minutes before kick off of the next round of games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here