Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Will you miss it? I know it gets slated a lot on here, but I actually think they do a pretty good job. The two programmes over the weekend covering the final days of the Championship and League One seasons were excellent. Is it ITV doing football league highlights next season? I'm sure it'll be a hell of a lot worse....

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Will you miss it? I know it gets slated a lot on here, but I actually think they do a pretty good job. The two programmes over the weekend covering the final days of the Championship and League One seasons were excellent. Is it ITV doing football league highlights next season? I'm sure it'll be a hell of a lot worse....

Channel 5.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Yep I'll miss it. Watch it from Birmingham City and Brighton & Hove Albion all the way through to Wycombe and York City. Manish was looking exceptionally tasty in that black shirt on the last episode. Never understand why people slag off the punditry of Claridge or Rosenior - you try having a knowledge base over three divisions as opposed to the tedious one trick dullard punditry on MOTD.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Call it a conspiracy, I don't care. There was someone or something behind the scenes for the football league show who had some sort of dark, sick, twisted hatred for the Albion.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yep I'll miss it. Watch it from Birmingham City and Brighton & Hove Albion all the way through to Wycombe and York City. Manish was looking exceptionally tasty in that black shirt on the last episode. Never understand why people slag off the punditry of Claridge or Rosenior - you try having a knowledge base over three divisions as opposed to the tedious one trick dullard punditry on MOTD.

I really don't enjoy Match of the Day at all these days. The Premier League just doesn't hold my interest much. Not helped by the format either- every game given 10 or so mins, not long enough to really get into it. Wish they'd revert to the old format - two or three main matches given a good 20 plus mins each, and brief highlights of the others.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Call it a conspiracy, I don't care. There was someone or something behind the scenes for the football league show who had some sort of dark, sick, twisted hatred for the Albion.

We always seemed to get the very briefest of highlights compared to other teams - although maybe I was imagining that...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Did not watch it this season. The games were depressing enough watching them live. I sure the couple of good results weren't during a time the programme was on and if they were I missed it. I am bloody glad this season is over. Also it's a highlight show, what highlights? No thanks

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sharing your passion for sporting grounds (matchday or empty), I love perving over all the lower league grounds on the FLS.

Oxford's ground is on fire right now apparently :eek:
Just been looking at the latest Kyle Field images tonight:

05kyle1.jpg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I really don't enjoy Match of the Day at all these days. The Premier League just doesn't hold my interest much. Not helped by the format either- every game given 10 or so mins, not long enough to really get into it. Wish they'd revert to the old format - two or three main matches given a good 20 plus mins each, and brief highlights of the others.

Lineker ruins it for me. He's too much of a smarmy tw*t. With him rimming the likes of Mourinho in those video interviews they do post-match once a week, it's difficult to watch. His twitter comments are a borefest as well. The BBC are today announcing Lineker has predicted Leicester will stay up. Like nobody else would have worked that out weeks ago with their run-in. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32585153

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I never get the problem with the FLS. Yes, it's on late, but what do you all really expect. 3 leagues, 24 teams in each, normally 36 games an episode, 2/3 features matches and then Clem normally has a jolly in Oxford/Plymouth/Luton to meet the manager in their office where they tell him how great the club is and how it has been turned around.

Yes it feels quite rushed sometimes, but it gets the job done. Next season it will also be plagued by adverts.

Channel 5, please keep it simple, and get a host that clearly is interested and isn't just there to collect their cheque.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here