Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Someone mentioned on here earlier this season that it was split three ways, one million and two lots of 500k. One instalment is staying up this season, one is staying up next season, and the third is appearance/goal related, I believe.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
c£1m, I think.

Another part of the deal was, I believe, £250,000 for each 5 games played up to 20 games so, without checking, I imagine that's another £1m in the bank too.

So, a £10m sale by the Albion. Great business for us, and Leicester are likely to be happy too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One further detail: I also believe that if Leicester do get relegated but then get promoted at the first time of asking we also earn.

He's a shrewdie that Barber bloke.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There's been so many versions - appearances, goals, Leicester staying up this season, Leicester staying up next season. I would imagine it's worth at least 1m of the potential 2m.

We also want Sunderland to stay up following the Buckley transfer. Not sure what that's worth either.

I think the accounts mentioned we could gain 4m+ if Burnley, Leicester and Sunderland all stay up. You would think the lowest amount would come from the Barnes transfer.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
There's been so many versions - appearances, goals, Leicester staying up this season, Leicester staying up next season. I would imagine it's worth at least 1m of the potential 2m.

We also want Sunderland to stay up following the Buckley transfer. Not sure what that's worth either.

I think the accounts mentioned we could gain 4m+ if Burnley, Leicester and Sunderland all stay up. You would think the lowest amount would come from the Barnes transfer.

Also, this opens the door to Newcastle being relegated. And that would be hilarious.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Dunk has finished the season as our top scorer and yet there's people saying what great business it was selling Ulloa for £10,000,000!

The money we got for him was great business; the manner in how some of that money was spent last summer and on wages over the season wasn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dunk has finished the season as our top scorer and yet there's people saying what great business it was selling Ulloa for £10,000,000!

If you accept Ulloa was going to leave, and he was, then the game becomes one of achieving the best return for the club.

How many people genuinely thought we would be able to get £10m for a player we'd signed only 18 months before from the Spanish second division?

Dec 29, 2011
If you accept Ulloa was going to leave, and he was, then the game becomes one of achieving the best return for the club.

How many people genuinely thought we would be able to get £10m for a player we'd signed only 18 months before from the Spanish second division?
Some people are just greedy, £10m is silly money. It's just a shame we haven't re-invested much at all. Even a £3m marquee signing like a younger winger or midfielder would have been nice.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here