Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Rodriguez, here we go again

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
David Rodriguez has scored 18 in 36 appearances for Alcorcon in the Spanish second tier following his move from us last year.

Looks like another sound decision from our 'football' department.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
David Rodriguez has scored 18 in 36 appearance for Alcorcon in the Spanish second tier following his move from us last year.

Looks like another sound decision from our 'football department'.

All well and good now.

At the time, nobody wanted him here. He showed absolutely nothing during his time with us, and anyone who says otherwise is either a) lying or b) part of a very small minority.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
David Rodriguez has scored 18 in 36 appearances for Alcorcon in the Spanish second tier following his move from us last year.

Looks like another sound decision from our 'football department'.

So you thought he looked good at championship standard?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
All well and good now.

At the time, nobody wanted him here. He showed absolutely nothing during his time with us, and anyone who says otherwise is either a) lying or b) part of a very small minority.

Some might even suggest that he was played out of position by Oscar.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Spanish football is very different, if he had done this in English football I'd say we may have made a mistake. Not all good Spanish players can do it in English football.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
All well and good now.

Could be we didn't play to his strengths. this applies to so many of our recent players.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If Hughton were to play him in his correct position, I think you would find we have everything David Rodriguez would give us in Sam Baldock. I must admit I couldn't understand why we signed Colunga, when he was so similar to Baldock. It's a decent replacement for Ulloa we are missing. Of course, we need a back up striker for both, though.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It's a decent replacement for Ulloa we are missing. Of course, we need a back up striker for both, though.

If we're looking at the Spanish second division, I wonder if this chap was on Oscar's radar, on his list of "unavailable" or "unaffordable" players. Presumably not, as we still had Ulloa. I think Gus would almost certainly have looked at him if he was still our manager:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDpinA-x9ls

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Looks like another sound decision from our 'football' department.

Meh.

Lloyd Owusu has scored 18 goals in 23 appearances for Hakoah Sydney City East this season :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here