Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has had ---------?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The most disappointing season out of us and Derby?
Personally I think it is probally Derby, top in March, and then finishing eighth must have been a hammer blow to them. We've been crap all season so have had far longer to get used to the disappointment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally I think it is probally Derby, top in March, and then finishing eighth must have been a hammer blow to them. We've been crap all season so have had far longer to get used to the disappointment.

Agree. A pisspoor season but managing to stay up probably feels a bit better than romping away for 3/4 of then completely blowing it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder if some of the Derby players will start looking elsewhere now. They've got several players good enough to make the step up, they surely must rate this as another wasted season.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought the three loans they brought in, in January (Ince, Bent, andLingard)would have sealed the first place for them, but it appeared to upset the balance of the side, that and the loss of Martin for a large part of the remainder of the the season looks to have done for them.

Although it could have been the shock of losing to us, that did it

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
For sure. Face it baby. At the end of the road, all those that are not relegated or promoted are pretty much in the same boat. We stunk since September. Derby were fragrant up until the New Year and even after they lost some flavour in early Spring most thought they'd at least make the Play Offs.
So are Derby the most disappointed between us and them?
HELL YEAH they are the most disappointed!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The three teams that missed out in last seasons Championship play-offs have had mares, to different degrees. Actually, come to think of it, all the teams involved in last seasons Championship play-offs have been pony this time around.

As Lawros left foot mentioned above, McClaren's mistake was tampering too much with Nigel Clough's well put together unit.

D

Deleted member 2719

With any luck Derby will come in for Super Chrissy Hughton.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think for us, we can learn from this season/rebuild for next year, however you want to spin it. For them, they have now royally f***** it up 2 seasons in a row. Both losing to 10 men in the most lucrative match in world football, and then the year after being in the promotion places 2 months before the end of the season, and not even ending up in the play offs is appalling.

As they say, it's the hope that kills you; something we haven't had since mid August.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is there a graph showing their league position throughout the season as I'm sure they were top six all season and fell out on the final day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here