Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MLS cringe......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't see the problem. New club in a county where football isn't ingrained as the national sport, how else are people meant to learn the words?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cant see much wrong with that, trying to grow the game

Don't see the problem. New club in a county where football isn't ingrained as the national sport, how else are people meant to learn the words?
Surely there's a better way. Why can't the fans just watch a few games, see a player they like, and make a song up about them?

We don't have much singing now, due to being without a ground for 14 years and then selling the players we did sing about - are we now waiting for the club to print a list for us?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Surely there's a better way. Why can't the fans just watch a few games, see a player they like, and make a song up about them?

We don't have much singing now, due to being without a ground for 14 years and then selling the players we did sing about - are we now waiting for the club to print a list for us?

I get you point. I just think its not really for us to judge. They are trying to build atmosphere quickly tokeep people going. I would love a vibrant us football scene. Not sure this makes a huge difference either way though

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But the club is brand new, who would have organised these songs if it wasn't for the club's PR? I'm sure as the club grows groups will be organised and songs will then grow organically

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But the club is brand new, who would have organised these songs if it wasn't for the club's PR?
The club is new, but the city isn't. Why don't they just offer super cheap tickets to fans of the NY Yankees, Jets and Giants. They've got songs and they'll be able to sing some of them at the footy, just like we have footy fans singing at cricket matches. And they'll get some unique songs that evolve from a background of their other sports.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Well they can always use a big screen or two to put the words up, just like we did but with a song that our fans have already sung for decades

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here