Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jimmy Greaves

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to SSN he's in intensive care after having suffered a stroke.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Awful news, genuine legend of the game. I hope he pulls through.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My greatest football hero of all time. Was lucky enough to be there when he scored that famous goal against Man Utd in the mid-1960s and Spurs won 5-1.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope he pulls through. My memories of him were during the World cup and reading about him playing for Spurs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fingers crossed. Self acclaimed fastest player over 5 litres in his heyday.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Complete legend.....
England's fourth highest international goalscorer (44 goals in 57 games!!!!), Tottenham Hotspur's highest ever goalscorer (268 goals), the highest goalscorer in the history of English top-flight football (357 goals), and has also scored more hat-tricks (six) for England than anyone else. He finished as the First Division's top scorer in six seasons.

Very surprised to hear on the radio that he is only just about to be inducted into Spurs hall of fame.

Speedy recovery.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hang on in there Greavesie..... One of the good ones !
NB I can remember the media shock and public concern when he was a record transfer... It was all of £100k. (or something)
"Nobody is worth that much" they said ... How times change.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Met Ian St john a couple of years ago, told him I had met greavsie once and so now had the set. He says grumpily, that's nice for you son, and mooches off.

greavesie, on the other hand, on a train from Liverpool street to Braintree, couldn't shut up. Funny bloke and all the time in the world for you. Funny old game eh, get well soon greavsie.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Simply the greatest goalscorer England ever produced. Puts today's overpaid "world class superstars" in the shade; they just don't compare. Hope he pulls through. Best of luck Greavsie.

theboybilly

I think I'm correct in saying he scored in every debut match whether at club or international (England Youth, U21 and Senior)
What a record, what a player. Must of his goals were tap-ins or passed into the net. Very economical our Jimmy :wink:

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
My hero too, and THAT goal against Manchester United with an all International defence was as good as anything his contemporary George Best could do. It's on you Tube Spurs v Man Utd 1965. Please get better, Greavsie.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My hero too, and THAT goal against Manchester United with an all International defence was as good as anything his contemporary George Best could do. It's on you Tube Spurs v Man Utd 1965. Please get better, Greavsie.

I remember, as a teenager, standing packed into The Shelf at WHL and seeing that goal unfold. One of the most amazing moments in 56 years of watching football and probably only equalled by the thrill of Jimmy Case's screamer tearing towards me at Highbury in 83. It still sends shivers down my spine whenever I see the YouTube clip.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Met Ian St john a couple of years ago, told him I had met greavsie once and so now had the set. He says grumpily, that's nice for you son, and mooches off.

greavesie, on the other hand, on a train from Liverpool street to Braintree, couldn't shut up. Funny bloke and all the time in the world for you. Funny old game eh, get well soon greavsie.
I met him while I lived in Chelmsford
lovely guy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here