Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sending offs

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I may be suffering from a terrible brain fade; my memory damaged by the awful season but did we see an opposition player sent off at the Amex this season. I've been trying to think of one but have no recollection of it.

I can't recall of any opposition player sent off against us away either ... but as I didn't go to a single away game, I could easily have forgotten that. I fully accept that at least one player was dismissed against us - even if I can't remember it

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There certainly has been at home. For us that is :)

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I may be suffering from a terrible brain fade; my memory damaged by the awful season but did we see an opposition player sent off at the Amex this season. I've been trying to think of one but have no recollection of it.

I can't recall of any opposition player sent off against us away either ... but as I didn't go to a single away game, I could easily have forgotten that. I fully accept that at least one player was dismissed against us - even if I can't remember it

At the Amex - no. Three Albion players sent-off; Crofts for a straight red against Wednesday and two yellows for each of Colunga against Fulham and Dunk against Brentford.

Away from home: in the League, Lualua was sent-off for two yellows against Huddersfield and Bruno for a straight red against Wolves. Bradley Johnson was the only opposition player sent-off against us in the League all season, for two yellows at Carrow Road.

In the COC, Nathan Thompson was shown a straight red at Swindon and Calderon was shown a straight red in the next round at Burton.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
At the Amex - no. Three Albion players sent-off; Crofts for a straight red against Wednesday and two yellows for each of Colunga against Fulham and Dunk against Brentford.

Away from home: in the League, Lualua was sent-off for two yellows against Huddersfield and Bruno for a straight red against Wolves. Bradley Johnson was the only opposition player sent-off against us in the League all season, for two yellows at Carrow Road.

In the COC, Nathan Thompson was shown a straight red at Swindon and Calderon was shown a straight red in the next round at Burton.
You might need a new avatar

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wasn't through a sending off, but there was a home game this season where the opposition had to finish the game with 10 men. Can anyone (maybe apart from AZ Gull..) correctly recall which game it was? They were a man down for the final 12 minutes or so.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Wasn't through a sending off, but there was a home game this season where the opposition had to finish the game with 10 men. Can anyone (maybe apart from AZ Gull..) correctly recall which game it was? They were a man down for the final 12 minutes or so.

Was it that game where the opposition's goalkeeper fell asleep and rolled off the field?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just highlights the lack of creative players we have.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't remember seeing a penalty at the Amex this season either.

There certainly was. Pretty sure it was Birmingham and Stockdale saved it

Glad I wasn't going mad about there not being an opposition player sent off at the Amex. To go back a bit further, have we seen an opponent dismissed since Tom Heaton at the start of last season? Try to think of one but can't

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I don't remember seeing a penalty at the Amex this season either.

Our only ones were away, weren't they? Colunga at Norwich and Fulham, O'Grady at Reading. Bournemouth got one against us and scored at the Fitness First or whatever their ground is called now, and David Stockdale saved one against Birmingham at the Amex.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
There certainly was. Pretty sure it was Birmingham and Stockdale saved it

Glad I wasn't going mad about there not being an opposition player sent off at the Amex. To go back a bit further, have we seen an opponent dismissed since Tom Heaton at the start of last season? Try to think of one but can't
Billy sharp got sent off for doncaster against us last season - he got a GREAT reception for that

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Billy sharp got sent off for doncaster against us last season - he got a GREAT reception for that

I was at the Doncaster game and I have absolutely no recollection of that - told you that my memory was going

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here