Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Warburton

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hiring people on the basis of one good performance is more of a Tottenham thing, isn't it? One good season and they'll pay north of £10million for you. Mark Warburton has done a good job at one club, whoever hires him next takes a big gamble based on this one performance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I understand why you fancy Warburton, but I can't help feeling Chris Hughton might be a little annoyed if we appointed him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I honestly think CH will prove his worth Warburton has done well at Brentford but there us no guarantee he will do as well elswhere and we cant afford to take that chance next season

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yes of course you're right, but please allow my little fantasy

:thumbsup:

I wonder how he'll do, wherever he ends up. He had been at Brentford for a fair while before he became manager, so he was very familiar with their internal processes and coaching systems. That must have helped his integration into the main job. Wherever he goes now, he'll be starting all over again.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hiring people on the basis of one good performance is more of a Tottenham thing, isn't it? One good season and they'll pay north of £10million for you. Mark Warburton has done a good job at one club, whoever hires him next takes a big gamble based on this one performance.

I think it's worth noting though, his 'one performance' included two very successful (46) game seasons despite many issues off the field.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
:thumbsup:

I wonder how he'll do, wherever he ends up. He had been at Brentford for a fair while before he became manager, so he was very familiar with their internal processes and coaching systems. That must have helped his integration into the main job. Wherever he goes now, he'll be starting all over again.

The guy has been seen off by the bees I think it's their loss however I love u Edna.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Or... Let's finally have a Summer without changing Gaffa as it's clearly had a negative impact on our Summer the last 2 years - hence the slow starts...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On a roof top bar in Marbs and it's sliding down very nicely, the wife will never be a match for you(he says holding the phone at an angle). Lol

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
On a roof top bar in Marbs and it's sliding down very nicely, the wife will never be a match for you(he says holding the phone at an angle). Lol

:love:

Rooftop bar in Marbs, eh? Last time I was in Marbella, we went in some bar- I think in hindsight it was one of those pretentious ones frequented by all those Essex idiots- and one of the girls in the group ended up with a bill in the region of £45 for three drinks. One of which was a soft drink :D

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm staggered Brentford are letting him go. They will surely regret it. Will be interesting to see where they finish next year - unlikely to win the play-offs, and I reckon bottom half of the Championship next season.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'm staggered Brentford are letting him go. They will surely regret it. Will be interesting to see where they finish next year - unlikely to win the play-offs, and I reckon bottom half of the Championship next season.

Quite simple, they want a Head Coach DOF set up, MW said he respects that but can't work under it. Mutual parting of the ways, however ridiculous it looks after the season they've had !!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Wouldn't be any compo as he's agreed to walk away. Personally though happy to give CH till Xmas to show some attacking intent before we look to yet again change manager

I'm with you in being happy see how CH does next season.

The compensation comment refers to it being paid to CH if he were sacked to bring in Waburton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here