Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hard luck Crawley

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
For a while it looked like they were going to survive. Could struggle next season too.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I wonder if it'll do them some good, the attendance today was 5784 of which there were 1700 Crawley fans. That can't be sustainable in L1

Shame though always like to see another Sussex club in the leagues

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally vanilla. Crawley is MK Dons is nothing that means very much to anybody. Its like if your brain was suddenly wiped clean of everything you ever cared about about football and you were asked to pick between two shitty new towns that you'd rather kill yourself than live in or support in any way.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Millwall fans will be gutted, lovely away day next season gone up in flames.
Hate to think what they would have done to Broadfield Stadium

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Dean Saunders is a jinx when its comes to relegations
Taken Wolves, Doncaster and Crawley down as a manager let alone the numerous relegations he was involved in as a player including the one with us

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Totally vanilla. Crawley is MK Dons is nothing that means very much to anybody. Its like if your brain was suddenly wiped clean of everything you ever cared about about football and you were asked to pick between two shitty new towns that you'd rather kill yourself than live in or support in any way.

I could think of far worse places to live than either. Certainly not enough to kill myself.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Millwall fans will be gutted, lovely away day next season gone up in flames.
Hate to think what they would have done to Broadfield Stadium

What they would have done it could only be considered ground improvement work anyway.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Dean Saunders is a better manager than Chris Hughton?

I'm pretty anti Hughton, but that is definitely not the case. Saunders has three relegations from four clubs. The guy is clueless. This thread from the Wolves board is a lot of fun and tells you all you need to know about Dean Saunders and his management abilities.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
can see them dropping back into non league now as the chairman said there would have to be cutbacks, presume they will now be tougher as the support drops further in L2

Dean Saunders is a better manager than Chris Hughton?

From the depths of both barrels I would say yes. We all know what CH deficiencies are. I have watched Crawley a few times when we are away & since he has come in, with less money than CH almost kept Crawley up. At least they scored some goals & play some entertaining football & most importantly Saunders was an Albion legend. Would I want him as our manager? Not necessarily so, but neither do I want boring Hughton.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Went to the game. Crawley dominated, conceded a well dodgy penalty just before half time. Certain amount of justice as the keeper saved it. Came out for the second half, still in charge, scored a good goal. Stopped dominating, conceded, caught on the break, conceded again. All over. They are pretty poor. Young, the right back might be worth a look.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
From the depths of both barrels I would say yes. We all know what CH deficiencies are. I have watched Crawley a few times when we are away & since he has come in, with less money than CH almost kept Crawley up. At least they scored some goals & play some entertaining football & most importantly Saunders was an Albion legend. Would I want him as our manager? Not necessarily so, but neither do I want boring Hughton.

With less money than CH .... in a LOWER division.

Not sure I'd label Saunders as an Albion 'legend' but even if he were, that should have nothing to do with any consideration of him being our manager. In my opinion nothing in his CV qualifies him to rank as a better manager than CH.

Also in a LOWER division, Crawley scored 9 more goals than us but conceded 25 more!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here