Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floyd Mayweather wants to fight me after Pacquiao - Amir Khan

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Britain's Amir Khan says Floyd Mayweather's manager told him "let's get that fight on" after the American beat Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

Mayweather, 38, took his unbeaten record to 48 fights with a one-sided points victory over Pacquiao.

Khan, 28, who takes on former light-welterweight world champion Chris Algieri on 30 May, says he has also been invited to fight Pacquiao, 36.

"I'm in a position where I could face either but I want Mayweather," he said.

Would be a good fight

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Obviously they both want to fight Khan it is an easy pay day for either of them.

Khan would cause Mayweather problems. His at his peak and has the style to make things difficult. His the only fighter at Welter worth watching fight Floyd.

Would love Floyd to fight Golovkin but can't see it with two weights separating them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Khan would cause Mayweather problems. His at his peak and has the style to make things difficult. His the only fighter at Welter worth watching fight Floyd.

Would love Floyd to fight Golovkin but can't see it with two weights separating them.
L
Thats one view I suppose but Khan will have to chase Mayweather and will get picked off as he comes forward. I would suggest an easy points win for Mayweather by about 4 or 5 rounds.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Mayweather said live on TV this morning he was handing all his belts back to the respective boxing boards
on Monday morning.
Said his next fight will be his last and NOT for a title.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

I wouldn't bet on Khan if he was 1000/1 to beat Floyd

Actually Amir has fought really well since taking Virgil Hunter on as a trainer. His main downfall previously was getting involved in a brawl and not using his speed and reach to keep at distance. Virgil seems to have refined his fighting style and his last win against Devon Alexander was very impressive.

Not saying he will beat Mayweather though but I genuinely believe that he will give Floyd more problems than manny did last night.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

As good as Mayweather is, that would be a very quick route to 48-1 for him in my view.

Golovkin is younger, naturally bigger and stronger, no slouch when it comes to speed and movement and hits like a sledgehammer against full-blown middleweights.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
As good as Mayweather is, that would be a very quick route to 48-1 for him in my view.

Golovkin is younger, naturally bigger and stronger, no slouch when it comes to speed and movement and hits like a sledgehammer against full-blown middleweights.

I agree I would make Golovkin a favourite to win that. If Floyd were to pull of a win here there could surely be no doubt as to his standing amongst the all time greats.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mayweather has stated his next fight in September will be his last. And Khan won't fight in September as he's observing Ramadan this year.

Of course this all depends on whether you believe Mayweather when he says he's calling it a day after his next fight. Which plenty of people don't.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hasn't Khan said something about religious dispension or whatever in order to fight him?

Khan would actually have a great chance against Floyd, he's the style Mayweather struggles with.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Utter bull from Khan and just the usual cocky nonsense and just purely a desperate attempt for a big pay day. He did simply get picked off by Mayweather and it would be a mid fight ko or a comfortable points win.

In basic terms what makes anyone think that Khan would not struggle as much as Manny to put Money under any real consistent pressure. This fight was a great contest 5 years ago and can anyone seriously suggest that the Khan of today compares to the Manny of 5 years ago?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Utter bull from Khan and just the usual cocky nonsense and just purely a desperate attempt for a big pay day. He did simply get picked off by Mayweather and it would be a mid fight ko or a comfortable points win.

In basic terms what makes anyone think that Khan would not struggle as much as Manny to put Money under any real consistent pressure. This fight was a great contest 5 years ago and can anyone seriously suggest that the Khan of today compares to the Manny of 5 years ago?

In basic terms Amir is tall and rangy with a long reach a good jab and really fast hands. I am not saying that he would necessarily beat Floyd but I think he would give him more problems the Manny. The times when Amir has struggled has been against the one punch knockout merchants such as Garcia, however when he keeps disciplined he is very difficult to beat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here