Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I do miss the Albion playing wingbacks. At least watching us lose was more entertaining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do miss the Albion playing wingbacks. At least watching us lose was more entertaining.
Hindsight suggests Hyypia should have walked the moment Ward drove out of the car park.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Hindsight suggests Hyypia should have walked the moment Ward drove out of the car park.

I accept he had to go. But the football we played, until it got desperate, was at least entertaining. The 3-3 draw at Norwich was one of my favourite games of the season. (Not that there is much to choose from).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I accept he had to go. But the football we played, until it got desperate, was at least entertaining. The 3-3 draw at Norwich was one of my favourite games of the season. (Not that there is much to choose from).
The obvious question is 'how entertaining will it be next season, when we're not desperate'?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We did have a Colunga brace in that game. One less than CMS, Best and COG managed all season BETWEEN them.

Worries me that Hughton can't spot the best striker from the four of them........

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We did have a Colunga brace in that game. One less than CMS, Best and COG managed all season BETWEEN them.

Worries me that Hughton can't spot the best striker from the four of them........

Don't let facts get in the way of your unrelenting negativity. Colunga got one goal in that game (a penalty). Bruno and LuaLua got the other two. Colunga left because he was homesick so it's not down to Hughton.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I wouldn't change anything.

I do hope no prospective employer is watching this Sammi.

I was thinking the exact same..
The strangest thing about that interview, was him saying how powerful the league was and how you had to win the big physical battles before you can play football.
Then every week he played the most lightweight midfield he could pick. Very strange

albionite

May 20, 2009
There was something likeable about Sami, but he was way out of his depth and it wasn't just the fact he had a team that didn't know where the back of the net was.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
There was something likeable about Sami, but he was way out of his depth and it wasn't just the fact he had a team that didn't know where the back of the net was.

He is an exceptionally nice man.

If the club were judged on how nice the appointed managers were, we have done exceptionally well with the last 3 appointments...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He is an exceptionally nice man.

If the club were judged on how nice the appointed managers were, we have done exceptionally well with the last 3 appointments...

It's a shame that doesn't count!

CMS is one of the most pleasant guys in football but he just can't score!

We need warriors and net busters!! We need to get nasty!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't let facts get in the way of your unrelenting negativity. Colunga got one goal in that game (a penalty). Bruno and LuaLua got the other two. Colunga left because he was homesick so it's not down to Hughton.

Quite right, it was Colunga's inch perfect cross that Bruno headed in. My mistake

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
The obvious question is 'how entertaining will it be next season, when we're not desperate'?

I guess we will have to wait, and hope that the past performance is not indicative of the future.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the end we actually owe Sami Hyypia quite a lot.

Yes, he contributed to getting us into this position. But less so than Burke and by extension Bloom. Hyypia just turned up for the job interview. Strongly suspect it went somewhat less than sparkling. They didn't have to offer him the job.

Hyypia also did the highly honourable thing by resigning before Christmas. Thereby forcing Bloom's hand. Else we'd probably still have Burke and Hyypia in situ, and we'd already be in League One next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here