Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you rate Chris Hughton so far?

How would you rate Chris Hughton so far?

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very good

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Good

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Average

Votes: 77 43.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • Very poor

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Abysmal

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It had to be very poor for me, however I am willing to see who he signs in the summer and give him to Christmas to prove himself with his own players.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Done his job for this season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poor, but hoping he can turn it around over the summer. Refuse to believe that the only goal when he came here would be to finish 5th bottom.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Few good performances Iike Ipswich and kept us up, but a lot of dross served up recently, and whilst this wasn't helped by injuries, has shown too much rigidity and negativity for my liking. Hopefully with some new attacking options coming in, he will improve next year

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Mixed feelings, as he's done what he came to do, and kept us up.

However, the football has been poor, and the lack of goals and entertainment worrying.

Kayal, great signing, make him captain.

Best, dreadful.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Better than hypiaa but not by much.

Given a squad full of shite, not sure anyone could have done things with that lot once teixera was injured, and baldock the only decent striker.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
He has kept us up, but to be honest we've really relied upon the teams below us being complete toilet. If Millwall had had more fight and Rotherham hadn't suffered the points deduction our end of season form would have seen us relegated.

I'm not one for overreacting so think he should be given the benefit of a full Summer, pre-season and influence on transfers. But I can't pretend I'm not concerned by the dismal return we've got from the past 10 games and the piss poor performances we've been folding in.

He'll need to hit the ground running with a wedge of quality new players next season, otherwise we'll soon be on his back because as things stand his record is pretty ****ing bollocks

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Last 9 games were dreadful really. Up till then I'd have given him 8 out of 10. Last 9 games I'd say 4 out of 10 max. So overall that is 6 out of 10. Not grounds for a sacking, but, a lot of improvement required.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
He's far too negative in his outlook and selections. This was summed up for me by his attitude over James Tilley in the last game when he claimed he didn't put him on for longer in case we lost. Hold on - our "senior" strikers couldn't hit a barn-door wider than the one Billy used to miss, so what was he afraid of? Pathetic!
Ok, he did take the "bold" step of playing Walton, who's already better than Stockdale ever will be, but why not try a couple of other youngsters, at least from the bench? I just hope that yesterday's team doesn't mean that we will be signing Bennett, who us regularly left floundering in the wake of any forward with the tiniest bit of speed, Odd job man Halford, or worst of all, Ego Best. We'll soon find out!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Underwhelmed and very concerned that he is going to make Oscar's tactics look like Ossie Ardiles tactics in comparison to his own. In fairness he has the worst strikers in living memory and so is fairly limited.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Poor, but hoping he can turn it around over the summer. Refuse to believe that the only goal when he came here would be to finish 5th bottom.

Absolutely. Having secured a god win against Leeds with some fairly decent football, I though t we would push on but in fact we've gone backwards.

Will have no excuses next season.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Better than hypiaa but not by much.

Given a squad full of shite, not sure anyone could have done things with that lot once teixera was injured, and baldock the only decent striker.

I actually think it was better entertainment under Sami, there were goals scored at both ends and we had some games which we played so well and lost. Not sure about Chris, he does seem to make some very Strange decisions re tactics, playing 1 striker does not work, 2 goals in 9
Games proves that. I am not sure the difference in points since the new appointment, but definitely less goals. I am worried as he appears to be a bit clueless and my Norwich friend prediction has been spot on so far.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's a 5 for me.

+ Kept us up, signed Kayal.

- only stayed up because, bizarrely, there were three teams worse than us. Signed Best. Killed our mojo. Destroyed any confidence I had that we would win (any game). Some very strange selections. Insists on squad rotation, even when it makes it much more likely that we'll loose.

Hmmm. That's worse than a 5, isn't it? 3 then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here