Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood - is that the trick we missed?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did well at Spurs despite being under pressure knowing they weren't going to appoint him permanently and now performing wonders at Villa? Don't quite understand why some don't like him.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Much like Eddie Howell. People on here thought he was too inexperienced and possibly too young.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Wasn't he rumoured to have turned us down this time? I think he finished as runner up to Oscar the season before (I've no idea what made Bloom choose Oscar over him), but he must have been waiting for a Premiership opportunity this time, and fair play to him. No, I've no idea what people on here have against him. Perhaps they prefer managers who stand impassively in the technical area.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He hasn't proved himself yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did well at Spurs despite being under pressure knowing they weren't going to appoint him permanently and now performing wonders at Villa? Don't quite understand why some don't like him.

He comes across as a clown, not keen.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sherwood has such a high opinion of himself that I really couldn't see him coming to us. Plus I'm not sure that our transfer budget would meet his expectations.

Would Tony tolerate such a loose cannon after his experience with Gus? I suspect that's one reason why we've ended up with comparative wallflowers like Garcia, Hyypia and Hughton.

However it would have been an interesting ride with Sherwood, lots of passion, plenty of media headlines, no prisoners in the dressing room and certainly some blood on the carpets. Sherwood might just have got the squad to play above themselves - or maybe the wheels might have come off.

I'd certainly love to have seen Sherwood give Kemy or Best a verbal 'appraisal'.

The football might have been ok too (couldn't have been worse!).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he does well with Villa, and they qualify for Europe next time, I think we'll offer him a deal.
Source: BG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sherwood has such a high opinion of himself that I really couldn't see him coming to us. Plus I'm not sure that our transfer budget would meet his expectations.

Would Tony tolerate such a loose cannon after his experience with Gus? I suspect that's one reason why we've ended up with comparative wallflowers like Garcia, Hyypia and Hughton.

However it would have been an interesting ride with Sherwood, lots of passion, plenty of media headlines, no prisoners in the dressing room and certainly some blood on the carpets. Sherwood might just have got the squad to play above themselves - or maybe the wheels might have come off.

I'd certainly love to have seen Sherwood give Kemy or Best a verbal 'appraisal'.

The football might have been ok too (couldn't have been worse!).

Bloom seems to favour the more level headed professional manager. There is no way he'd appoint Sherwood.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Call me pedantic but apart from being able to afford his salary he might not have wanted to come here. I know it's hard to believe.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Trust me, Sherwood would never have come to us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Call me pedantic but apart from being able to afford his salary he might not have wanted to come here. I know it's hard to believe.

Well he is certainly going to command a bigger salary from a prem club than us however, when we appointed Hyypia, we had just lost in the play-offs so were not a bad prospect and Sherwood was out of a job. He might not have wanted to come here but then again he, like Poyet, might have seen it as a good stepping stone. We'll never know.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Well he is certainly going to command a bigger salary from a prem club than us however, when we appointed Hyypia, we had just lost in the play-offs so were not a bad prospect and Sherwood was out of a job. He might not have wanted to come here but then again he, like Poyet, might have seen it as a good stepping stone. We'll never know.
Yes Might not does not preclude Might.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's safe to assume we would be playing more attacking football but I'd like to know who could wring goals out of our strike force (!) this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here