Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qpr & ffp

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do not understand the point of fining a club for breaking spending rules? if they are that much over they should be sent down to league 2

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Well they knew the rules and they flouted them. FL must stick to their guns and make them pay (to charity afterall) or kick them out.

FFP is completely pointless without punishments being dished out so you can guarantee that the FL will throw the book at them.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
FFP is completely pointless without punishments being dished out so you can guarantee that the FL will throw the book at them.

Assume you meant that ironically as no one ever seems to be punished by the rules at the time for FFP, they just change or bend them. Weren't QPR supposed to be relegated to League 1 under FFP if they went down this year?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Assume you meant that ironically as no one ever seems to be punished by the rules at the time for FFP, they just change or bend them. Weren't QPR supposed to be relegated to League 1 under FFP if they went down this year?

FL have stated if they do not pay they will be expelled from the league altogether, bring it on good riddance

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whitehawk v QPR.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The commentators during today's game v Boro mentioned something about the Boro chairman/owner pumping in £2m a month. That works out at 16-24m a season/year. I thought FFP limited the amount an owner could pump in to cover debts?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surely it would be the Conference, not league 1 or 2, which is still governed by the Football League.
That article is dated March, & still no decision has been announced which seems, to me, that the 'punishment' is going to be fudged, making a mockery of it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here