Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've always like Brighton

nickrhodes

May 1, 2015
Good morning Brighton people. I must say I've always liked Brighton, its energy and creativity and contribution to the arts. Being by the sea is heart warming and good for the soul. You don't get that in Chelsea or LA. I'm hoping to go to my first ever football game at your new stadium if schedules permit next year. Nearly forgot the reason I decided to post was to ask you guys and ladies if their are any decent art galleries in Sussex as I will be down for a few hours next month. I'm looking forward to it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Are Duran Duran still touring ? You were always my favourite.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A lot of local artists display their work in various pubs across the town. I suggest that as a suitable compromise.

Also it's the Festival starting today which means if you are so inclined for the next month you can stick your beak into the open houses, where you can buy ridiculously overpriced home made cream fancies, gawp at trinkets and pieces of art and stand awkwardly in the front room of some middle aged, twice divorced crazy woman in a Kaftan whose been signed off work with mental health problems for the past decade while inhaling the ammonious stench of a dozen cat litter trays until you give up and go to the pub anyway.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good morning Brighton people. I must say I've always liked Brighton, its energy and creativity and contribution to the arts. Being by the sea is heart warming and good for the soul. You don't get that in Chelsea or LA. I'm hoping to go to my first ever football game at your new stadium if schedules permit next year. Nearly forgot the reason I decided to post was to ask you guys and ladies if their are any decent art galleries in Sussex as I will be down for a few hours next month. I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to the funny farm.

The missus can advise. What sort of stuff you wanting to see?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A lot of local artists display their work in various pubs across the town. I suggest that as a suitable compromise.

Also it's the Festival starting today which means if you are so inclined for the next month you can stick your beak into the open houses, buy ridiculously overpriced home made cream fancies, gawp at trinkets and pieces of art and stand awkwardly in the front room of some middle aged, twice divorced crazy woman in a Kaftan whose been signed off work with mental health problems for the past decade while inhaling the ammonious stench of a dozen cat litter trays until you give up and go to the pub anyway.

:lolol:

And don't forget the numerous Open House amateur photos of the pier or the sunset!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Urgh, rendered in flourescant contrast on Photoshop. Grim.

I once remember seeing a bloke on the beach who'd made a collage out of, what looked like, real varnished mackerels. Wtf?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once remember seeing a bloke on the beach who'd made a collage out of, what looked like, real varnished mackerels. Wtf?

The Frau has just corrected me, it's an assemblage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here