Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayweather v Pacquiao - who gives a flying sh*t

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Boxing used to be an enjoyable and admirable sport, now taken over by
money-makers and sh*t fighters -

Who give a flying f*** about this farce.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Not really. But boxing has always been about the purse. Why would two fellas knock hells bells out of each other, unless they were in love with each other, just for fun?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Agreed Greg - but once upon a time the money wasn't the thing that the media
and the contestants focused entirely on. This is **sport**, believe it or not - but that
seems to be last thing on anyone's mind.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I do agree with the general point you are making. I'm sure you are aware of the current salaries of the top footballers in the world, right? Same goes for sports like tennis, basketball, NFL etc. I'm only looking forward to this fight just because I am glad it is actually happening. I don't give a crap about how much money they make.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Agreed Greg - but once upon a time the money wasn't the thing that the media
and the contestants focused entirely on. This is **sport**, believe it or not - but that
seems to be last thing on anyone's mind.

really? all i've read about this week has been focused on the boxers, their technical prowess and differing styles offering a good fight. im not a boxing fan but certainly been drawn into it.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Well these two are far from shit fighters. While I would have preferred to see it happen five years earlier I'm still well up for it. Manny offered to fight for nothing with all winnings going to charity but Floyd turned him down - that is a pity as the money is obscene.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Football used to be an enjoyable and admirable sport, now taken over by
money-makers and sh*t foreign players.

Who give a flying f*** about the FA Cup Final.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm struggling to get over how fierce they look yet both weigh less than 10.5 stone...

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I can see it going the distance. The judges think **** it let's call a draw, and have another hundreds of million$s purse rematch.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I can see it going the distance. The judges think **** it let's call a draw, and have another hundreds of million$s purse rematch.

If this goes the distance. I think as mayweather has home field advantage. He will pick up the win. Pacman is going to have to go for the KO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The reality of it is that 5 years ago the fight would have had a higher meaning than now but both fighters avoided each other until they thought their opponent was on the way down. Having said that 30 mins after the fight in another fight either of them could beat Amir Khan. That will be biggest travesty him getting the chance to earn a fortune to get hammered.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
It would probably be more interesting if the majority of us could afford to watch it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It would probably be more interesting if the majority of us could afford to watch it.

Absolutely this. I've refused to pay for any fight since I once paid for a Naseem Hamed fight, can't remember who against, where he decked the bloke with the very first punch of the fight and it was over 30 seconds later.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Absolutely this. I've refused to pay for any fight since I once paid for a Naseem Hamed fight, can't remember who against, where he decked the bloke with the very first punch of the fight and it was over 30 seconds later.

Does anyone know if it's being screened on the net?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here