Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champions league within 5 years!!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I was getting excited until I read beyond the headline in this article and found out that it was the Brighton women's team that was being referred to. If only Chris Hughton showed such optimism about the squad he manages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32539143

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Who cares about womens football anyway apart from the BBC? Hate the way they try and elevate it to equal importance to the mens game, even though it never will be in terms of entertainment, crowd size, TV and sponsorship revenue. I have yet to meet one football fan who has the slightest interest in womens football and I guess that is the case for most on here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you might be confusing our ambition with Bournemouth's.

I'd say staying in the Championship for 5 years is the best we can hope for, and to be honest I don't have a problem with that as long as we start being fun to watch again.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I was getting excited until I read beyond the headline in this article and found out that it was the Brighton women's team that was being referred to. If only Chris Hughton showed such optimism about the squad he manages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32539143

Could you imagine the reaction on here if he said that about the men's team?!

He'd be accused of delusion/being a yes man/whatever the latest stick to beat him with is before long at all. I honestly think that at this point he'd be criticised for saying anything at all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who cares about womens football anyway apart from the BBC? Hate the way they try and elevate it to equal importance to the mens game, even though it never will be in terms of entertainment, crowd size, TV and sponsorship revenue. I have yet to meet one football fan who has the slightest interest in womens football and I guess that is the case for most on here.

Women, know your limits

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could you imagine the reaction on here if he said that about the men's team?!

He'd be accused of delusion/being a yes man/whatever the latest stick to beat him with is before long at all. I honestly think that at this point he'd be criticised for saying anything at all.
One of the many problems with English soccerball is at any given time there are 86 professional club managers unable to reach for the very top of their profession with their current club.

The very best they can hope to pronounce is:-

'we will not get relegated out of the Premier League'.

Even then, that piss poor statement will be met with varying degrees of derision, for all but the same 6 clubs..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here