Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Niki Mäenpää signs a 2 year deal

L

litmanen

http://www.suomifutis.com/2015/05/h...uran-ja-englannin-championship-seuran-kanssa/
http://www.1limburg.nl/niki-maenpaa-gesprek-met-brighton

Niki told the media that Utrecht and Brighton have been interested of him. Personally i think that Niki does not make as many mistakes as Stockdale does, but on the other hand he does not make any "incredible reflex saves" at all, so i think Brighton should not rush with this thing. But Niki would probably only be the second choice keeper, if Brighton signs him. At least Utrecht had planned him as second keeper.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
http://www.suomifutis.com/2015/05/h...uran-ja-englannin-championship-seuran-kanssa/
http://www.1limburg.nl/niki-maenpaa-gesprek-met-brighton

Niki told the media that Utrecht and Brighton have been interested of him. Personally i think that Niki does not make as many mistakes as Stockdale does, but on the other hand he does not make any "incredible reflex saves" at all, so i think Brighton should not rush with this thing. But Niki would probably only be the second choice keeper, if Brighton signs him. At least Utrecht had planned him as second keeper.

I'd be happy with him as a backup keeper on the condition that he's coming in so Walton can have a year out on loan playing every week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Google special...

Eagle owl - sitter Niki Mäenpää , 30 , says the Dutch 1Limburgille its negotiations with the two clubs.

I have talked to FC Utrecht and with Brighton Hove & Albion. Everyone knows the dream of playing in England, but FC Utrecht is also a good option. Both clubs I fought the first changing of the guard position, the hill Decide quoted.

Mäenpää currently plays for the Dutch Right- level ISA Venloa until the end of the season. He has played for the club since 2012. Open Season went even Dutch first division, but the last series sub- periods.

---------------------------

Besides FC Utrecht state VVV goalkeeper Niki Mäenpää emphatically in the interest of the English Brighton & Hove Albion .

That confirmed the Finnish international himself Thursday after his club's training.

"I'm with FC Utrecht and Brighton in conversation. Everybody knows that my dream is to play in England, but the story of Utrecht is also good. Both clubs should I battle with the first goalkeeper " says Mäenpää which can count on more attention. "There are also other clubs from England, Turkey and Scotland, which have reported to my agent."

Incidentally Brighton, showed that leads to the second level of English ( Football League Championship ) and former VVV'er Danny Holla and tourist mercenary Vitalijs Maksimenko has under contract last summer already interested in Mäenpää . As is known, the goalkeeper has a contract expiring in Venlo. During the winter there was interest from Excelsior and PSV.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth would we sell Walton?

Who else are we going to sell? Everything is very complicated, difficult and unfair and we need to comply with FFP :wink:

I think the club may have a revolt on their hands if they try and sell Kayal or Stephens, unless of course they ask to leave when we will usher them out of the door and take the money in the traditional Brighton way

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of our very few saleable players and the one that would fetch the largest fee.

If our entire squad was advertised as for sale, then personally, I'd imagine that Forster-Caskey, Kayal, Stephens, Dunk, March and Baldock would all go for more than Walton. Possibly Stockdale and Ince, as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
or maybe Stockdale has indicated he has had enough shit from fans and former players and wants to move on. That might leave Walton as No 1. ???

Oct 25, 2003
sign him and loan out Walton to get a solid season of first team football under his belt. That's long term planning right there

plus it would keep Stockers on his toes a bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here