Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've been told that I'm spending the weekend in Rye....

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...any suggestions about what to do/see and where to eat would be gratefully received. A nice walk along a beach would be good, as would seeing the bluebells somewhere (I'm a sucker for bluebells, me), as would a decent place to eat fish.

Thanks in advance for any tips...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Flushing Inn is the place for seafood in Rye, I remember taking the ex Mrs Gwylan there for her birthday and, apparently, it was top drawer scaly scran

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Go up the church tower.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just noticed that The Flushing Inn has now closed down. Rather a shame, it's been there since Elizabethan times

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
There's Webbe's for fish in Rye. Rye's just an exceedingly pleasant place for strolling in fine weather - may be a little overcast this weekend, unfortunately.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yes the Nature Reserve is good. You can go on the Mapp and Lucia tour - well see where it was filmed and visit Lamb House. There is a GBG pub - but we didn't make it there.

And there is also the train if you need it.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Webbe's is well worth eating in. Less formal dining downstairs and an upstairs restaurant which has been superb the couple of times we have eaten in there.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks for all the tips! A table has been duly booked at Webbe's - their very limited availability throughout the weekend bodes as well as the reviews on this thread suggest. Camber Sands looks great too; as does the nature reserve. Plenty of suggestions here - thanks all!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Agree with the Mermaid Inn comments. Not a massive eating area in the bar, but the place is full of history, and haunted allegedly. Plus Johnny Depp has stayed there, which might impress your wife!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here