Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sell to buy

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested to me yesterday that we have to sell 2 or 3 players before we can but any, Has anybody else heard this? Who could we sell COG £500k Dunk £1.5m Walton £2m Ince, Baldock JFC all about £1m not much else unless any DS prospects but I wouldnt want to sell any of those. Perhaps COG but nobody else as I dont think we could replace them cheaply.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd heard quite the opposite actually, that there will be a large transfer fund available due to the relaxation of FFP restrictions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was suggested to me yesterday that we have to sell 2 or 3 players before we can but any
Who suggested this, was it the voices in your head?

We have established many times that the people telling you things either don't know anything, or they like winding you up.

What you have heard is complete BG.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have heard from an extremely reliable source that Chris Hughton will be given sufficient funds to build, by the end of August, a squad capable of finishing in the top six.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was suggested to me yesterday that we have to sell 2 or 3 players before we can but any, Has anybody else heard this? Who could we sell COG £500k Dunk £1.5m Walton £2m Ince, Baldock JFC all about £1m not much else unless any DS prospects but I wouldnt want to sell any of those. Perhaps COG but nobody else as I dont think we could replace them cheaply.
I think this is probably rubbish.

However, if we want to buy 3 strikers, we will have to sell 1, and make sure Colunga goes somewhere.

We may need to sell Dunk to raise some funds to buy, but with CMS, Kemy, and Hughes off the wage bill we do have options without doing this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who suggested this, was it the voices in your head?

We have established many times that the people telling you things either don't know anything, or they like winding you up.

What you have heard is complete BG.

The exact opposite really I only post some of what I am told, which I think NSC would like to hear and discuss.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The exact opposite really I only post some of what I am told, which I think NSC would like to hear and discuss.
What's the exact opposite?

You post rumours and hearsay on here a lot, and it's nearly always wrong. And what you've been told this time is almost certainly wrong too. It's obvious it's wrong, because we've released players meaning that we have funds available. If that wasn't enough, others have posted that they've heard the opposite, and they don't have the reputation for getting everything wrong, that you have earned.

So again, how is it the opposite?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I heard that TB lost the Amex in a game of poker and it is now owned by Victoria Coren-Mitchell and she intends to turn it into a health spa.

Has anyone else heard this?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My concern is that we do not have any saleable players without seriously weakening an already weak squad. As has happened with recent sales the proceeds from these have gone into making our debt less rather than improve the squad. This squad is far inferior to those Gus and Oscar had. I suppose the simple answer is TB will just put in and blow another £10m. That is dreaming and not realistic but it is what most on here think will happen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is what TB has actually said so far on this...a few weeks ago.

“We will do our very best to give ourselves a competitive squad to be in the top six, so for sure we’ll be getting in new recruits in the summer which will get us in that position.
...It’s going to be quite a busy summer. "
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11877330.Bloom_aims_for_top_six_next_season/

Of course he says this every year.
in 2013.
"We aim to get to the Premiership. It's a very competitive division as we know and every season at the start of the season we've got to try and have the squad we think is capable of promotion. I certainly think this season we have that."
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/10589607.Bloom_wants_Albion_to_be_challenging_again/

in 2014
"As I say at the start of every season, we are trying to build a squad which has got the potential for getting promoted.
“That is our No.1 goal this season and I certainly think we have got the squad which could get there.”
via : http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11448038.Bloom__We_have_squad_to_go_up/

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My concern is that we do not have any saleable players without seriously weakening an already weak squad
My concern is that you're ill, and no one is helping you. WTF is Ben doing to help you?

This is what TB has actually said so far on this...a few weeks ago.

“We will do our very best to give ourselves a competitive squad to be in the top six, so for sure we’ll be getting in new recruits in the summer which will get us in that position.
...It’s going to be quite a busy summer. "
You're going to trust TB over BG?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
BG is merely suggesting that nothing is likely to change in the way we do business in the summer, not sure why everyone is jumping on his back. Listening to Bloom at this stage of the season is like groundhog day. I will remain very cynical, rightly or wrongly, until some of TB's assurances happen and decent players appear before the season starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here