Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new Brighton Open Air Theatre

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I know the mother of Adrian who worked tirelessly to make this happen and sadly died of cancer not long ago. I hope it is a great success
Adrian was the best pal of my old housemate/landlord.
A great person with a wonderful energy about him.
He used to run (amongst other things), an off the wall cabaret night called zincbar which used to be held at the Basement student bar formerly on grand parade.
His funeral was almost exactly a year ago. I attended his wake which was held in the Speigel tent at the Brighton festival.
A talented fella. R.I.P

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Can't wait for this - right on my doorstep too. Great stuff.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
First I have heard of it, it's a great addition to the park and the city. Well done to Adrian for leaving his mark on this world in a positive way.

As it says on his memorial plaque; "Life is about having dreams and following them"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm going to see Romeo and Juliet there in a couple of weeks time. Looks like a great addition to Brighton's theatre scene. When the Richard Attenborough opens in the autumn, we'll be truly blessed

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Screenshot taken from their home page. They really must proof read before posting who the compere is :lolol:

Screenshot_2015-05-01-12-46-28.png

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm going to see Romeo and Juliet there in a couple of weeks time. Looks like a great addition to Brighton's theatre scene. When the Richard Attenborough opens in the autumn, we'll be truly blessed

Likewise - really looking forward to it.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Adrian was the best pal of my old housemate/landlord.
A great person with a wonderful energy about him.
He used to run (amongst other things), an off the wall cabaret night called zincbar which used to be held at the Basement student bar formerly on grand parade.
His funeral was almost exactly a year ago. I attended his wake which was held in the Speigel tent at the Brighton festival.
A talented fella. R.I.P
I never knew Adrian or much about him and only learnt of this from his mother when she was going through the final stages of his illness. He seemed a remarkable character but sadly as is often the case they are taken away from this world far too early

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I never knew Adrian or much about him and only learnt of this from his mother when she was going through the final stages of his illness. He seemed a remarkable character but sadly as is often the case they are taken away from this world far too early

He truly was...
At his wake, one of the speeches given about him detailed how he filed his final tax return just three days before he passed away as he felt it needed to be done!
Another nice thing I never knew about him was that he originally intended to study law and on his first day of getting in to law school the head told the new students that if they were there to try to make a difference in an unjust society, then they were in the wrong career. On hearing that, he stood up and walked out, never to go back again... What a star!!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Very much look forward to seeing a Shakespeare production here. So much better in the open air.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here