Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 3rd Test: West Indies v England at Bridgetown, May 1-5, 2015

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Looks like the same team minus Stokes, Lyth in the squad would be a better option than Trott as an opener, you could keep Trott for his devastating off-cutters I suppose....

Just hope the wicket is better than the two Puddings so far.

Stumpy Tim

Bouncier pitch apparently, so unlikely to be time to bring in Rashid. Stokes may be injured, so if it was me I would be tempted to bring in Lyth & put Trott down the order. If Stokes is fit, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyth or Plunkett in for Jordan. My team:

Cook
Lyth
Ballance
Bell
Root
Trott
Ali
Buttler
Jordan
Broad
Anderson

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3rd Test West Indies v England

3rd and final test starts in Barbados at 15:00 hrs can we complete a 2-0 series win ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With a bouncy pitch predicted and Jimmy Anderson in great form I fancy England.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
On a track which is suited to "Chin music" according to the WI - if so then 1 spinner might be considered a luxury.

Still, we will see ...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same line-up as the last test for England.

Winning the toss is a good start, all eyes on Trott and the pacy pitch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was well worth Lyth, Wood, Rashid et al missing a month of County cricket development time then.

Was well worth Lyth, Wood, Rashid et al missing a month of County cricket development time then.

I agree on Lyth, but not sure it's so clear cut for the other two. The accounts I've read said that Rashid arrived on tour not looking ready for international cricket, but that he's been working in the nets (against international batsmen) at upping his pace while maintaining spin and accuracy, which should stand him in good stead for the future. Ali had a similar steep step up when he first came into the reckoning as a spinner. I assume also that Wood will have benefited from time bowling at better players, although I agree that batsmen need time out in the middle (and it's even more odd to not play Lyth given that Trott has not looked comfortable and is not an opener).

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I agree on Lyth, but not sure it's so clear cut for the other two. The accounts I've read said that Rashid arrived on tour not looking ready for international cricket, but that he's been working in the nets (against international batsmen) at upping his pace while maintaining spin and accuracy, which should stand him in good stead for the future. Ali had a similar steep step up when he first came into the reckoning as a spinner. I assume also that Wood will have benefited from time bowling at better players, although I agree that batsmen need time out in the middle (and it's even more odd to not play Lyth given that Trott has not looked comfortable and is not an opener).

That's worked well then...:ohmy:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Why is Trott still opening, WHY? He's out of form and he really isn't an opener.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here