Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Real freshly made Doughnuts in Brighton?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Tried some at the Palace Pier the other day and they were not cooked in the middle. Disgusting. :down:

Is there anywhere in Brighton & Hove that does them freshly fried on the premises?

From what I can gather, all supermarket, Krispy Kreme and similar outlets seem to make them at a central factory then deliver to their outlets/stores.

I want them just like do them on the machines on the pier but properly (and more hygienically).

There must be some fat copper who knows :moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Edna?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Tried some at the Palace Pier the other day and they were not cooked in the middle. Disgusting. :down:

Is there anywhere in Brighton & Hove that does them freshly fried on the premises?

From what I can gather, all supermarket, Krispy Kreme and similar outlets seem to make them at a central factory then deliver to their outlets/stores.

I want them just like do them on the machines on the pier but properly (and more hygienically).

There must be some fat copper who knows :moo:

Buy iced ring donuts and deep fry them..... makes a mess of the pan, but Mmmmmm the donuts :angel:

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Ravens bakery at Fiveways does wonderful freshly made jam doughnuts every day. In fact pretty much everything in there is wonderful as my waistline is testament to!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The little hut to the west of the pier, opposite the bottom of West Street is best and half the price of the pier.

Spot on Notters; this is called the Beach Hut and is owned by my two friends. Always worth a visit and the doughnuts are cooked to perfection. I'll be sampling some tomorrow.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Thanks guys! There is nothing like a nice freshly fried doughnut. I prefer mine without sugar. How do you like yours?

Nothing can beat the freshly made (in front of your eyes, while you waited) doughnuts that Vogel's bakery in Kemptown used to make. Stuffed with half a fresh peach ... perfect.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Nothing can beat the freshly made (in front of your eyes, while you waited) doughnuts that Vogel's bakery in Kemptown used to make. Stuffed with half a fresh peach ... perfect.

My sister used to work there till it closed down LB - it was Fogels not Vogels though - the doughnuts were the best though and were made to a secret ingredient - at the time we got sick of them because she brought them home often but I'd love to try them again now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here