Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soon to be 60.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In just over a week I'll reach this landmark. I'm not one for birthdays but, far from feeling old & depressed, I'm rather looking forward to things like being able to use my age to excuse my rude and grumpy behavior. it'll also be my excuse for being totally wrong when losing pointless arguments and for wearing totally style less & ill fitting clothes.

As an oldie, I'll also be tight and after every bargain and discount and this is where you come in. Please, let me know what bargains and benefits are out there? I don't think the bus pass comes along at 60 but trains, cinema, theatre and the like?

Many thanks to all those at reply whilst I am still a youngster in my 50's. Once i reach 60 you'll get no thanks but maybe a grunt or mumble if it's really good.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In just over a week I'll reach this landmark. I'm not one for birthdays but, far from feeling old & depressed, I'm rather looking forward to things like being able to use my age to excuse my rude and grumpy behavior. it'll also be my excuse for being totally wrong when losing pointless arguments and for wearing totally style less & ill fitting clothes.

As an oldie, I'll also be tight and after every bargain and discount and this is where you come in. Please, let me know what bargains and benefits are out there? I don't think the bus pass comes along at 60 but trains, cinema, theatre and the like?

Many thanks to all those at reply whilst I am still a youngster in my 50's. Once i reach 60 you'll get no thanks but maybe a grunt or mumble if it's really good.

I'm a youngster at 59 in July. Let me know what its like being 60 :drink:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

All the best in advance for the big 60 :drink:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I was 65 last month and have just bought my first senior citizen season ticket for the Albion. Also retired last month, it's great. We have two 7 week old puppies to keep me hopping about.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm having a curry & beer with a few mates tomorrow, many now retired, and retirement seems to knock years off you.

el punal

Lots of little bonuses when you reach the big six-oh. Bus pass, Senior rail card, free prescriptions, reduced entry price to watch Millwall (well, it was for me when we played them last season), B&Q Silver card for 10% discount on Wednesdays.

Oh! . . instead of pretending to be a dirty old man, you can now be the real deal! It's amazing what you can get away with! :wink:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Same for me next Thursday. Im currently in the 'people dont believe it' stage, but im sure the decline is probably a bit more rapid from now on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is the bus pass still 60, or your pensionable age?

Eligibility is no longer based on reaching the age of 60 years. The concession is now awarded in line with the pensionable age of woman, whether you are male or female. If you were born in 1955 the pensionable age is 66.
That's in England. It's different elsewhere in the UK.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Pensionable age is what you need to aspire to, 65 or 66+ that's when the good stuff kicks in. I'm 69 next month as I get older I get angrier and angrier, I shall probably explode soon.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
How old do you look? I'm "only" 57, and don't qualify for concessions yet. I was a bit peeved when my wife bought me a "senior" ticket at the cinema, for which the qualifying age is 65. :rant: We're all just ancient to the kids at the desk.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'll be 60 in July. Let me know how you get on.

Despite not getting a free bus pass, I'm looking forward to moving into the next age category for Parkrun and other races, which will make my running times look a lot better.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not too fussed about the bus pass as have a Son who works for a bus company and I get a pass which B&H accept. I also take some medication which gives me free prescriptions so miss out there too!

I will miss out on the 65 retirement age by a few weeks so, provided I'm still working, 66 for me. Really feel sorry for the youngsters who are going to have to struggle on to a stupid age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here