Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Local cricketers. Would YOU like to play here...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
image.jpg

image.jpg

My cricket club, Parham Park CC, a couple of miles from Storrington, is looking a bit short of numbers for the coming season, and are actively seeking some new blood. We only play on Sundays and almost always at home, as that's where the opposition normally want it. It really is a spectacularly lovely place. Certainly we are at home every Sunday in May, from the 10th.

Any cricketers out there fancy it? Don't need to be local to the area. It's only a 25 minute drive from Hove. Nor do you need to be available every week - personally I play 5 or 6 games a season.

PM me if you're interested. Cheers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You get the chance to join a long list of star names, over the years, including Joe Mangel off Neighbours, former Albion midfielder Paul Reid, and um, me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Struggling with the concept of PMs? :thumbsup:

(Thanks for the bounce though)

If I played cricket and lived down that way I would be up for a game.
:thumbsup:

Lovely place for a cricket ground, I went to a gun dog event at Parham Park last year, very nice part of Sussex.
That cricket ground looks far better than Fort Road ,home of Newhaven CC.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Haven't played for a few years and I turned out for another local team, Pulborough.

I'd be up for it but i'm always working sundays :(

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You get the chance to join a long list of star names, over the years, including Joe Mangel off Neighbours, former Albion midfielder Paul Reid, and um, me.

Your Dad's more famous than you....

Soon put me in my place-which was the mid-off boundary rope....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If I played cricket and lived down that way I would be up for a game.
:thumbsup:

Lovely place for a cricket ground, I went to a gun dog event at Parham Park last year, very nice part of Sussex.
That cricket ground looks far better than Fort Road ,home of Newhaven CC.

I took my best ever bowling figures at Denton in 1990. But there is no way Newhaven CC could have a ground as bad as that one was at the time. I had to avoid thistles as I ran up to the wicket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Parham, near Rackham Woods where we used play quite often as kids when I live in Amberley more so happy days at the Castle where Lady Emitt let all the kids play.

I was crap at cricket so not really my bag but lovely place.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looks stunning.

Sussex at its best. I'm not local and I can't play cricket but if I was and I could, that is where I would play.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looks beautiful. I've seen and played at some great places in cricket. Brightling Park & Heathfield Park deserve a mention here too :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm playing on Saturdays this year so, sadly, don't think I can do Sundays as well - Mrs Gwylan would have words.

Twenty years ago, maybe, I regularly used to play both days of the weekend... which is probably why the former Mrs G left.

Shame. It looks a lovely ground

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Last year I'd have been well involved. Playing American football this year though which takes up all my Sundays unfortunately. Looks a wonderful place to play cricket.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Have an Aunt & Uncle who live in the nearby village of Coldwartham.
Always go & stay with them for a few days whenever over in UK.
Excellent walks, amazing countryside & fantastic pubs !
Best part of Sussex I reckon.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Is big Brooksie (Simon) playing for you this season? An old friend from Shoreham CC days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is big Brooksie (Simon) playing for you this season? An old friend from Shoreham CC days.

As far as I know, yes. And his lad, too.

Like many of us though, he can only commit to sporadic appearances, thus the push to find a couple more keen regulars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here