Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Once again an unused sub for Leicester last night....

With Ulloa, Vardy and Kramaric all ahead of him in the pecking order surely Leicester are open to offers....

Use the CMS wages and a little bit more if needs must would be a GREAT signing.

Come on Chris and Tony make it happen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We had the chance to sign Chris Wood half a dozen times in recent seasons. Most fans who saw the (then) young kiddie knew damn well he knew where the goal was. Club, as always, appeared to know better :rolleyes:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

With Ulloa, Vardy and Kramaric all ahead of him in the pecking order surely Leicester are open to offers....

...and Nugent

Come on Chris and Tony make it happen.
[/QUOTE]

take both I like Nugent and Wood has had time to grow into a very exceptable C/F striker
sounds like a plan

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We had the chance to sign Chris Wood half a dozen times in recent seasons. Most fans who saw the (then) young kiddie knew damn well he knew where the goal was. Club, as always, appeared to know better :rolleyes:

Did we? Maybe that's news to West Brom.
He was ok until he went to China to play in an international, but when he came back, he couldn't be bothered.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The club know what they're doing. It's not like Sam Vokes or Chris Wood were ever going to score as many Championships goals as Hoskins, Colunga, Baldock, O'Grady....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you think the club will go along with a policy, which many NSCers seem to be advocating, of only signing players who have played for us before?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The club know what they're doing. It's not like Sam Vokes or Chris Wood were ever going to score as many Championships goals as Hoskins, Colunga, Baldock, O'Grady....

CH knows what Chris Wood strengths are. He won't sign him because he knows that he will only score goals if handed to him on a plate. The only club he was really sucessful at was a loan spell at Millwall and that was because the played with 2 fairly decent wingers at that point in time.

Every other club he has been at, he has not really been all that prolific

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Look it up. He had FOUR loan spells out from West Brom after ours.

True, but how much were West Brom going to charge for an average player. He played for us in League 1, and didn't particularly shine. The only place he did well was at Millwall in those 4 loan spells.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I love it when people make up stuff to fuel their argument. My memory of Chris Wood was lots of people on here and at the ground moaning about him and saying he wasn't good enough for us. I rated him at the time and he scored goals for us but I was definitely in the minority.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love it when people make up stuff to fuel their argument. My memory of Chris Wood was lots of people on here and at the ground moaning about him and saying he wasn't good enough for us. I rated him at the time and he scored goals for us but I was definitely in the minority.

8 in 29 at League One level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit of a lummox imo, apart from a little purple patch at Millwall and his first few games at Leicester.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Why not come back and contribute further when you're not a complete MESS of contradictions? :lol:

How's that a mess of contradictions. If you read the post it is very clear. I rated him and that put me in the minority because most people didn't (so your claim that everyone could see how good he was and the club ignored it is complete rubbish).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

take both I like Nugent and Wood has had time to grow into a very exceptable C/F striker
sounds like a plan[/QUOTE]

i would imagine the pair would cost a combined 6 million at least , and then there are the wages for the pair of them...out of our league probably.....???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here