Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Craggs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
An old school mate of my eldest son ' bumped' into Ken yesterday in a pub in Epsom and in conversation my name came up, he asked to be remembered to me, which is nice to hear. Older posters will remember he was no 2 to Alan Mullery during our most succesful period. I must admit that I was surprised to hear that he was still going strong and scouting for Hull City. Perhaps he was responsible and it would explain the move of the young striker from Burgess Hill to Hull.

I cannot find any connection between him and Ian Chapman other than both at BHA at some time in their careers but not at the same time.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
An old school mate of my eldest son ' bumped' into Ken yesterday in a pub in Epsom and in conversation my name came up, he asked to be remembered to me, which is nice to hear. Older posters will remember he was no 2 to Alan Mullery during our most succesful period. I must admit that I was surprised to hear that he was still going strong and scouting for Hull City. Perhaps he was responsible and it would explain the move of the young striker from Burgess Hill to Hull.

I cannot find any connection between him and Ian Chapman other than both at BHA at some time in their careers but not at the same time.

How old must he be now ??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure but AM is 73 and they worked together so would assume he is a little older possibly late 70s. Wiki is very vague about him and incidentally I think it is wrong. It says he never played football professionally but I am fairly sure he was a centre half at Fulham when AM first played there, hence the link up.

He first introduced me to scouting at BHA which I did until Steve Coppel became manager and brought in a relative, brother I think, and a new scouting team?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Glad to hear he's still going strong. He played a significant part in those wonderful late 70's glory years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He left us and became manager of Charlton and their chairman Mark Hulyer had grand ideas and signed the European player of the year Allan Simmonson which caused great problems with the rest of the team.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here