Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Pearson at it again.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have sympathy for him or any manager who has to go through this press conference nonsense. The journalist (doing is job) is after a story. I think the question was "questioning" the manager beliefs that his players has been unfairly criticised by the press.

Why should he answer that ?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I didn't hear the question though?!

I think it's. "What sort of criticism are you referring to that your players have received that you don't believe is right."

I love the, "Are you an ostrich?" followed by the intense evil stare.

Would love to see Pearson here making Naylor and Hove Bed and Breakfast crap their pants in a press conference.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Legend. Clapham Gull nails it above, answering inane bullshit week in week out would drive anyone nuts. Pearson and Van Gal are great with their abrasive/confrontational retorts.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
My opinion is that he's got nothing to gain from mocking a journalist like that.
It just provides evidence that he isn't that nice an individual.
There's being a strong character, then there's just being an outright a******e.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Here's the trancsript. I disagree with those saying defebnding him saying that 'anwering stupid questions week in week out is tedious blah blah blah
'

a - it's part of the job
b - it was not that stupid a question compared to others that I've heard.

Pearson was out of order The man has lost the plot and has become a liability to the club...

Baker: What criticism are you talking about?

Pearson: Have you been on holiday for six months? Have you been away for six months?

Baker: I am not quite sure what specific criticism you are referring to?

Pearson: I think you must have been either head in the clouds or away on holiday or reporting on a different team because if you don't know the answer to that question... your question is absolutely unbelievable... the fact you do not understand where I am coming from. If you don't know the answer to that question, then I think you are an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand. Is your head in the sand? Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be 'no'.

Baker: Probably not.

Pearson: I can, you can't. You can't. Listen, you have been here often enough and for you to ask that question... you are either being very, very silly or you are being absolutely stupid... one of the two because for you to ask that question... I am sorry son, you are daft. What criticism are you talking about?

Baker: There hasn't been much harsh criticism of the players.

Pearson: You are wrong. No, you are wrong. You have been in here, I know you have, so don't give that crap with me. Please don't give that crap with me. I will smile at you because I can afford to smile at you. Now, do you want to ask a different question or do you want to ask it differently? Come on, ask it, ask it. Or are you not capable?

Baker: I just don't know what you, erm…

Pearson: You don't know. What's 'erm'?

Baker: I don't know how you've taken that question...

Pearson: Well, you must be very stupid. I'm sorry.

Pearson then walked out of the news conference.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
To me it just looks like he's let the pressure get to him.

It wasn't a daft question, at least not enough to warrant a reaction like that. Pearson does seem to have the manner of a man that likes to have everything under his control, with any deviation/suggestion otherwise causing him to react with aggression...bit of a bell really.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think to understand where the manager is coming from you'd have to have witnessed the various press-conferences going back a few months. Put in that context the reporters question is really dumb. Lazy or ill-considered reporting deserves to be treated with disdain in my book.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I think to understand where the manager is coming from you'd have to have witnessed the various press-conferences going back a few months. Put in that context the reporters question is really dumb. Lazy or ill-considered reporting deserves to be treated with disdain in my book.

A valid point, however, I don't feel it's right to belittle people like that, especially in the public arena. It's only ever going to back fire on you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, being asked inane questions would get on anyone's nerves, so why doesn't he just bat them away as opposed to being like this?

He's done this too often to be funny. It's just embarrasingly rude IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here