Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JFC

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So, awaiting the necessary flamings for this but....

Www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32497384

The article, and Jake's words in it, come across as a tad arrogant.

"When I was in the squad I was tired because I was playing for England, and then it's frustrating when I don't play.

I know what I can do and I just need to show it. "

I whole heartedly accept that people will lambast me for getting on his back but it's been refreshing to me that CH hasn't rated him just because he's playing for the u21's.

I will state that his best role would be ahead of a midfield pair but with the possibility of Jaoa returning and other strengthening I doubt he'll get much of a look in.

With Ince the likely back up for either Kayal and Stephens as the pair then JFC is likely to have another frustrating one.

So much promise yet so little delivery in the blue and white.

Oh and before you jump in with leave him alone he's young - he's not in footballing terms so get over it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Doesn't sound arrogant at all. And the first part of your first quote is not in the article, unless I am going blind. This is the quote:

"One minute I'm on a bit of a low and the next I'm on a high," he said.
"It is frustrating when I don't play and the season has been a bit of a disappointment. It's been difficult for me.
"Maybe early on in the season I played a lot of games, I was going away [with England] and when people were resting I was playing.
"I have no excuses. I have standards and I want to keep those standards and perform every single week.
"I know what I can do and I just need to show it."

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but JFC always seems to me to be a bit of a lightweight when he plays for the Albion at this level, in much the same way Solly March does. My fault I'm sure :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So, awaiting the necessary flamings for this but....

Www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32497384

"When I was in the squad I was tired because I was playing for England, and then it's frustrating when I don't play.

I know what I can do and I just need to show it. "

I whole heartedly accept that people will lambast me for getting on his back but it's been refreshing to me that CH hasn't rated him just because he's playing for the u21's.

I will state that his best role would be ahead of a midfield pair but with the possibility of Jaoa returning and other strengthening I doubt he'll get much of a look in.

With Ince the likely back up for either Kayal and Stephens as the pair then JFC is likely to have another frustrating one.

So much promise yet so little delivery in the blue and white.

Oh and before you jump in with leave him alone he's young - he's not in footballing terms so get over it.

It doesn't come across in the slightest bit arrogant, if you ask me. Not sure what you are reading to be honest.

I'd be very disappointed if he was not frustrated at his lack of opportunity in recent months. Would you rather he sat on his arse glad to take the money and not play, like some?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"I have no excuses. I have standards and I want to keep those standards and perform every single week.
I know what I can do and I just need to show it."

I don't see how that's arrogant. He says he needs to show it, not that he's shown it and we're too stupid to realise.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Think we should sell him to be honest so he can play amongst better players. JFC as a Brighton Player Isn't the same JFC that plays for the U21's.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Not young in footballing terms?

He's only just turned 21. Literally.

Nowhere near his peak.

I don't get how he comes across in any way as arrogant. Just frustrated and IMO that's understandable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to know how many matches JFC has played and the miles he's travelled for the last calendar year.
Then see how that relates to his England and Albion teammates.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if he pretty much topped both lists.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought he played ok against Watford. Playing alongside quality like Kayal will bring out the best in him I am sure. He was too inexperienced to be expected to carry the team in the role he had earlier in the season.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I remember threads just like this stating Tommy Elphick wasn't good enough either….

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I thought he played ok against Watford. Playing alongside quality like Kayal will bring out the best in him I am sure. He was too inexperienced to be expected to carry the team in the role he had earlier in the season.

Exactly right. Whereas Dunk showed how a player could become better under Hyypia, what happened to JFC showed the damage Hyypia could do.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I just cannot, cannot understand the mentality of Brighton fans who seemingly want to alienate a Brighton born and bred player who is an integral player in the England U21 team and will be playing a major part in the European U21 Championship this summer. It is baffling.

If he moves on, I expect him to be another one of our home grown players that make it to the Premier League before we do, like Elphick.

However, I don't think Jake is Hughton's type of player, Hughton likes niggly players in midfield like Kayal and Stephens so I can honestly see JFC move on at some point over the Summer in any case, but we will regret it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For me the jury's still out on JFC. The only times I've seen him have been in a side playing woefully during Hyypia's regime - with the added 'advantage' of playing alongside Gary Gardner - and I haven't been impressed. Obviously I'm not the only one on here who hasn't been impressed either!
BUT - he keeps getting picked for the England U21s, and apparently does well and is quite highly thought of. It has been suggested that he needs to be playing with better players - that may be a point - but how to make the best use of him? A loan would still be a good idea perhaps - but if that was to a League 1 team that would go against the idea of getting him playing with better players. Are we likely to sell or loan him to a PL club? - no, I don't think so.
So what do we do? Answers on a postcard, I think .................

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I actually want our players to come across as more arrogant, maybe a little more believe in their abilities might improve confidence.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's the total lack of urgency that grates me, he always seems to trot about rather than bust a gut to get in key positions, and as a result often seems to let games drift by.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just cannot, cannot understand the mentality of Brighton fans who seemingly want to alienate a Brighton born and bred player who is an integral player in the England U21 team and will be playing a major part in the European U21 Championship this summer. It is baffling.

I'd love to see JFC do well. But the fact he's quite young, and a local lad, does not make him exempt from criticism when his performances for BHA are not up to scratch - which this season, they haven't been. He's far from being the only one in that bracket, obviously. But if he's been poor then people are going to say so. Its nothing to do with "alienating" him, whatever that means. If he plays crap, he'll get some clog on here, same as any other player.

There's nothing baffling about it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd love to see JFC do well. But the fact he's quite young, and a local lad, does not make him exempt from criticism when his performances for BHA are not up to scratch - which this season, they haven't been. He's far from being the only one in that bracket, obviously. But if he's been poor then people are going to say so. Its nothing to do with "alienating" him, whatever that means. If he plays crap, he'll get some clog on here, same as any other player.

There's nothing baffling about it.
So you don't think NSC latches on to a particular player as a figure for lambasting (see Barnes).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here